What is the appropriate depth of Dermapen for laxity and wrinkles?

I am 46 with some laxity and light wrinkling. How deep can the aesthetician go? Do I need an md as long as it is in a doctor's office?

Microneedling

The depth ranges from 1-3mm depending on the skin issues and facial region.  For an average 46 y/o with no specific skin issues (scars etc), usually we start around 1-1.5mm around the eye and lip area, and 1.75-2mm for the rest of the face. At the second session these can be increased. Be well!

Laxity and light wrinkles require a combination of lasers, microneedling/prp and fillers

This is tough to answer without pictures and usually a combination approach is needed for skin laxity and wrinkles. For best results, I always use prp with microneedling, but lasers, RF treatments, fillers and Sculptra, for collagen building, can also be used for improvement. I recommend getting a formal evaluation with a cosmetic dermatologist. Best, Dr. Emer