Can restylane leak from lips and if so will it makes my tongue numb? (Photos)

I had restylane injected into my upper and lower lips 7 days ago. Tonight I feel to small lumps on the inside of my upper lip at the same points that my cupids bow is in the outside. Also, when I run my tongue over the area, I experience a bad taste and my tongue feels numb.

Can restylane leak from lips and make my tongue numb?

Thank you for sharing your question.  The small holes created during Restylane injections seal over within a day of treatment and as such you should not be experiencing any leakage that may cause numbness.  Though your symptoms should improve with time, since these symptoms are abnormal, best to see your injector for an in-person examination.

Numbness from Injections

It sounds like you have numbness from the injections form the lips.  It should go away in about a week as well as the lumps.  Please consult an expert in lip injections.  Best, Dr. Green

Side effect from Restylane?

Thank you for sharing your question. It is not likely that your tongue feels "numb" from the Restylane one week post injection. The lumpiness will improve with time.  Good luck,

Tongue numb after lip injection

The numbing medicine in with the Restylane probably numbed some of the nerves to your tongue. Also, it seems your injection was not smooth but will get some better over time. Be sure you are injected  by a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist