Turning 60; I have decided to have some fillers/botox. What would you suggest? (Photos)

Hello,Consultation with an experienced injector would be best to determine the potential satisfaction from the treatment.

Fillers and botox suggestions?

No good practitioner should make suggestions to you. You should mention the areas you are concerned about / do not like. A good practitioner will then tell you what treatments are available and there pro and cons.Botox is good in the upper half of the face for lines in the brow and to lift the eyebrows.filler can be used in many ares examples are to turn up the corner of the mouth or to soften lines under the eyes and lines from the nose to the corner of the mouth.
Don't be pushed into anything and take time to look at some before and after images on here to gain an idea of what can be achieved with these treatments.best wishes 

Gerard Lambe, MD
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Looking younger at sixty

Thanks for asking us to review this as it will be helpful to lots of our readers. I would start with some Botox/Dysport/Xeomin(either of these would do) in the glabellar area.that would soften creases and probably soften the look of your lower forehead too. I would use a filler in the mid to upper cheeks.  Any of the stiffer fillers would work but my first choice for you would be radiesse as you will get a lot of filling and lyft for your dollar. Restylane Lyft and Voluma would do the job as well. Most important is that you find the right person to inject as the way it is injected is far more important than the product used.

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Facial rejuvenation

The way I do consultation is to ask the patient what their cosmetic goals are. I am not sure what you wish to change or improve about your appearance and if those goals can be achieved with Botox and fillers. I suggest you eek an office consultation with a board certified facial plastic surgeon in your area.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Winchester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox injections can address several issues

Hello Cazzmoi,
One of the most common uses for botulinum toxin is for the cosmetic treatment of vertical frown lines, forehead lines and crow’s feet.  Botox injections are also used to treat medical conditions such as twitching or spasm of the eyelid, muscle spasms in the face and body, incontinence, excessive sweating, and migraines.  Botox is injected into muscles where it blocks nerve impulses to those tissues. The muscle activity that causes the frown lines is reduced, and you’re left with a smoother look. Without a contracting muscle beneath it, the skin is not able to wrinkle.  You can expect the results to last 3 – 6 months.  There is no age limit for getting treated with Botox. If you have animation lines that cause wrinkles with movement of certain facial expressions Botox can and will help relax those muscles.  More than age, other factors that should be considered, if you are a good candidate for Botox: allergic reactions to Botox itself, having a skin infection or other condition in the injection area, having a nerve or muscle disorder, having breathing problems, such as asthma, having difficulty swallowing, having bleeding issues, having drooping eyelids, if you’re taking or have recently taken certain medications.

Jan Zemplenyi, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facial Rejuvenation

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  You appear to be an excellent candidate for facial rejuvenation with Voluma, Juvederm and Botox.  Voluma will restore age-related volume loss in the cheeks, create an upward lift, and indirectly improve the tear trough or undereye area, with results lasting up to two years.  Juvederm is beneficial for restoring age-related volume loss in the lower third of the face, in particular the nasolabial folds and marionette creases, with results lasting up to one year.  Botox is beneficial for treating the glabellar area, forehead and around the eyes, with results lasting 3-6 months on average.  Beautiful and natural results can be achieved with a combination of Voluma, Juvederm and Botox for facial rejuvenation.  Please be sure to see an expert injector for an in-person consultation to fully discuss your concerns and your goals and expectations in order to determine the best treatment plan.  Best wishes and Happy Birthday!

Combination treatment with Botox and fillers for facial rejuvenation

Congratulations on turning 60 and thanks for the great question. The photos are somewhat limited mainly because of the lighting which hides shadows, lines and wrinkles. However, almost certainly I would consider Botox into the upper face to help with frown lines, forehead lines and crow's feet. The Botox injection around the eyes can open up the eyes giving a refreshed appearance to your face. I would also consider Belotero or Restylane injection around the eyes to help with the hollowing and dark circles, and tear trough volume loss. You have also lost volume at the midface which can be replaced with a filler such as Voluma, Restylane Lyft, and Radiesse. Finally, I would consider filler injection to the corners of mouth, marionette lines, and prejowl area. Topical skincare including sunprotection, antioxidant, and retinol are a must. Nonsurgical skin tightening options such as radiofrequency or ultrasound would also be helpful. Most importantly, I recommend an in-person evaluation with an experienced aesthetic physician.

Botox and Fillers for Facial Rejuvenation

Thank you for your question cazzmoi. Botox and fillers work well for facial rejuvenation. Botox can be used between the frown lines, on the upper forehead, and on the crows feet. Fillers such as Voluma can be used to restore the youthful apple of the cheek. Restylane works well for the tear trough area to improve hollowing under the eyes. Juvederm works well in the smile/laugh lines (nasolabial folds). Kybella is a great treatment to improve the double chin. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Injectables for Facial Rejuvenation

Thank you for your question - and congratulations on your upcoming birthday. You look great - but some injectables may help to freshen you up a little. Botox is always a good place to start - you seem to have some deep lines in your glabella region (between your eyebrows). Botox in this area, on the forehead and around the eyes can help to soften these lines greatly. While you have good volume to your cheeks, a little bit of Voluma or Resylane Lyft can help to plump up your cheek area centrally - which will help to give your nasolabial folds are little bit of natural lift. Speaking of, you may also benefit from some filler in your nasolabial folds directly; I like to use something like Juvederm Ultra Plus. There are many options - it all depends on what bothers you most. I would suggest speaking with a well trained physician or injector to get an in-person opinion. Best of luck!