I have melasma on my upper cheeks/under eye area, will the omnilux LED machine aggravate this?

I am in my early 30s and seeing lines and wrinkles appearing, I have had the omnilux machine recommended to treat the lines and wrinkles, I am not looking at this treatment as a cure for the melasma just as an anti aging tool but I want to be sure that it won't make the melasma worse, advice would be appreciated as to what lights/ heads to use if it's OK to go ahead with treatment - thank you

No. Omnilux will not aggravate melasma.

No, the wavelength does not stimulate pigmentation, however, as suggested by Dr Melamed, Omnilux will do very little for lines and wrinkles. I do use Omnilux, only to treat acne or as a light to activate porphyrins - PDT. All the best, Dr Davin Lim. Brisbane. Australia. 

No. Omnilux will not aggravate melasma.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Omnilux treatment

Since Omnilux treatments are with LED and not laser, it will not aggravate your melasma.

As a professional physician, however, I should inform you that LED treatments are not the first choice by an experienced doctor to treat fine lines & wrinkles. You should also know that it requires multiple treatments. Talk to your doctor about that and see what other optimal options may be available to treat fine lines and wrinkles.

David P. Melamed, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologist

Omnilux treatment

David P. Melamed, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologist