Breast reduction from a B cup to an AA?

Is it possible to get a reduction from a B cup to an AA cup? I'm 23 and I want to be almost flat chested, I was flat chested until I was 18 and now that I'm a B cup I'm so self conscious that I'll wear thick jackets even in a heatwave. I've thought about a breast reduction for a while now and I'm 100% sure it's what I want but I'm not sure if it's possible for me to go that low.

Considering breast reduction in Melbourne, Florida

Probably the most important consideration with regards to breast reduction is not so much the cup size, but whether the breasts are proportionate to the patient’s body weight and frame.  It would be somewhat unrealistic to attempt a reduction from a B cup to a AA cup due to the fact that removing the majority of your pre-existing breast tissue could result in a significantly decreased blood supply to the nipple and areolar area.  A reduction this small also, of course, would be purely cosmetic and nowhere in the realm of consideration for any type of insurance coverage.  While you could certainly discuss all of this with your board-certified plastic surgeon, it sounds unlikely that a reduction on a B cup would be very realistic; however, another consideration is that you may not be truly a B cup due to the fact that bra sizes are inexact and vary between manufacturers.  Therefore, a consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon is recommended.  I hope this is helpful.  Best of luck!  

Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Is it a Breast reduction or a Matesctomy?

You present a challenging issue. Although your chest may appear large (AA to B) to you, I do not think any medical insurance would cover such a reduction. Furthermore, as you may, or may nor know bra cup sizes are notoriously unreliable and B in Victoria's Secret may actually be a B with other bras. Reducing your current breasts by the smallest amount WILL result in flat breast and would essentially be considered a Subcutaneous Mastectomy, an operation usually done for breast malignancy.
Lastly, a lot of Plastic surgeons may have a hard time performing this operation on you because they are aware that your cosmetic goals run contrary to those of the vast majority of women we see in our offices. There are millions of women with your breast size who love to go larger - not smaller.
I would encourage you to see several Plastic surgeons and discuss your concerns with them and then choose to follow the advice of the surgeon you feel most comfortable with.

Dr. Peter A.  Aldea
Memphis, TN