Is Bellafill dangerous? Is it successful as a long lasting filler? (photos)

Is bellafill dangerous? I've heard all kinds of claims from it causing cancer to horror stories I just want a light plump in volume in my flat cheekbones. I feel it would also pull on the area around my mouth which also bothers me as I appear to have nasolabial lines but filler in my cheeks I feel would pull and smooth those out as well. I want something long lasting that I don't have to refill every 2 months. Would you suggest bellafill? If not what's a good long lasting filler for my cheeks

Bellafill is a Safe and Effective Filler

I've been using Bellafill regularly for 10 years and have never seen a serious side effect. Bruising is possible with any injectable and mild swelling can happen for a day or so, but I have never seen anything worse than that. Bellafill does last a very long time and for that reason you should be careful to go to a practitioner who is very experienced and conservative in the use of the product. It takes 2 to 3 sessions to get the final result and I space these sessions 6 to 8 weeks apart. The material is soft and natural looking when injected properly. One option that some of my patients take advantage of is to use temporary fillers like Voluma as a trial run and then switch to Bellafill when they are sure that they will like the results. Voluma is easily reversible and lasts for about a year and a half. Hope that helps!

Bellafill Safety and Longevity

This is a very good question because there are a lot of myths out there about Bellafill. The short answer is that Bellafill is very safe and an excellent filler.

The longer answer is that the FDA 5 year studies show that Bellafill had less complications and a higher satisfaction rate than all of the other fillers. In addition, Bellafill was still working great a 5 years, while the other fillers had lost their volume.

I hope that helps.

Best regards.

Brian Windle, MD
Kirkland Plastic Surgeon

Bellafill

Thank you for your question. Bellafill is a FDA approved 5 year filler to treat the nasolabial and strophic acne scarring. It is important that you find a plastic surgeon who is comfortable and experienced with Bellafill. Schedule a consultation and see is Bellafill is right for you. Best of luck!

Dhaval M. Patel 

Double Board Certified 

Plastic Surgeon 

Hoffman Estates 

Barrington 

Oakbrook 

Chicago 

Dhaval M. Patel, MD
Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Safety of Bellafill

Bellafill is safe when injected correctly by a skilled doctor.  It is the longest lasting filler available in the United States and has been shown to last at least 5 years (though it probably lasts even longer).  No FDA approved fillers have been linked to cancer or other long-term conditions.

A good way to think about Bellafill vs. other fillers is:
how confident are you that you will like your results and want them permanently?  If you aren't completely sure, communicate closely with your doctor.  Since Bellafill is considered permanent, it is important to go slow when using it to treat areas.  It is much easier to go back and add more later vs. trying to remove some if too much was injected.

If you want to "dip your toes in" before committing to Bellafill, you can also try a temporary filler like Juvederm or Voluma.  Voluma can last up to 2 years when injected in the cheek area.  These products will give you similar results, but can more easily be reversed if you aren't completely happy.  You can also switch to Bellafill later on after you have become more experienced with dermal fillers.

Best of luck with your decision.

Kyle T. Yamamoto, MD
Reno Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bellafill is safe and beneficial -- only filler FDA approved for acne scars

Bellafill is injected differently than other fillers; less over time and then it builds collagen naturally. It is not an immediate fill like other fillers. Bellafill is more permanent than other fillers and thus it requires meticulous injection technique and someone skilled and experienced. Some physicians do not use this product for those reasons. I use a significant amount of this product and find it very useful and beneficial for patients. Best, Dr. Emer.

Bellafill Is a Safe FDA approved Filler With 5 Year Studies Behind It

Thaley91  Thanks you for your question and picture. A comprehensive consultation is necessary to determine your best course of action.  As  A Belladiamond injector for Suneva,  I have utilized Bellafill for several thousand syringes.  It is one of my favorite fillers as it is long lasting, soft and has studies behind it showing its safety and efficacy. Unfortunately  the internet is filled with misinformation, no current FDA approved filler on the market is known  to cause cancer.  All fillers, even your own body fat has risk.  Studies show that Bellafill is one of the safest.  Make sure you find an injector who is well versed in this filler.  As the top injector in Michigan, Ohio and Indiana, I welcome you to visti my office! 

Mark Berkowitz, MD
Sterling Heights Oculoplastic Surgeon

Bellafill for cheeks

Bellafill is a safe filler when used correctly.  It frequently is used to add volume to the cheeks and can improve the nasolabial fold area.  The procedure would involve a series of treatments spaced apart and this would provide gradual filling of the treated areas.  There are other fillers that could be used, but they would not last as long as Bellafill.   

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon