Does taking Prozac (fluoxetine) while doing KYBELLA affect the recovery or result???

i just started taking Prozac (fluoxetine) and i'm about to do my second treatment of kybella? will it effect the treatment, healing process or result?

Prozac & Kybella

There is no research to show that taking Prozac will interfere with your Kybella injections. Regardless, I always think it's a good idea to let your injector know all of the medications that you are currently taking. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Prozac with Kybella treatment

There is no evidence that taking an SSRI like prozac can cause adverse changes to the submental region that was treated with Kybella. 

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Prozac and Kybella

The use of Prozac should not interfere with the use of Kybella, and won't effect your recovery or result.  Good Luck with your treatments!

Jonathan Hall, MD

Prozac and Kybella

Taking Prozac while being treated with Kybella will not effect the treatment, healing process or result of the Kybella.  Thank you for your question.  

Janet M. Neigel, MD
Livingston Oculoplastic Surgeon

Prozac and Kybella

Thank you for your question. I would not be concerned about starting Prozac and your second treatment of Kybella.

Prozac is fine with Kybella

There is no known interaction between Prozac and Kybella.
It is safe to be on Prozac during the treatment.

Hello Chloelattman,

Prozac should have no impact on your Kybella treatment.  The most common side effect of a Kybella treatment is bruising, so drugs that thin the blood can affect the recovery (but not the result).  

I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Kybella and prozac

Kybella is a non-invasive injectable treatment that can reduce unwanted fat under the chin.  No medications should effect its results since its mechanism of action is related to breaking down the actual fat cells.  Blood-thinning agents could increase the chance for bruising, but other than that it is unlikely that any medication would have a positive or negative impact on the result.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Kybella

This should have no bearing on your Kybella treatment.  Kybella is a very effective product to treat the double chin in 1 or 2 sessions.

Prozac

Prozac should have no affect on the recovery or the results that you should get with Kybella.  Kybella works to dissolve and kill fat in the submittal area of the neck, and the two medications have no drug interactions.  Best of luck.

Jesse E. Smith, MD, FACS
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon