Is there a way to grow my hairline out on the sides, without surgery? A way to grow small baby hairs? (Photos)

I'm a 19 year old female and I've had this hairline for as long as I remember. I hate wearing my hair back, so I use my bangs to cover it. This is something I've wanted to change for a while now. I was wondering if there are any other options than surgery? Surgery would be the last resort! There are small baby hairs on the side on my hairline. Is there anyway to make these hairs grow without surgery?

Is there a way to grow my hairline out on the sides, without surgery? A way to grow small baby hairs?

Loss of hair is a natural process when it is between the limits that the body can restore them. When the capacity of the body to restore the hair loss is beaten by the excessive hair loss then we can name this situation something that should be treated. Women started to experience balding even more in the last 2 decades. It is getting more and more common also in women population. However it is also good to know that this problem is also treatable when it is present in women.

To obtain alive hair follicles implanted in higher rates, the latest technique being used is not the only manner, it is also affected by compliance of implantation area that we found a better way to improve as a result of our researches, The Organic Hair Transplantation. By this new and unique Organic Hair Transplantation Technique, before the extraction and implantation processes; we regenerate the implantation area with injection of stem cell enriched fat tissue. Regeneration of cells in target area before FUE transplantation with the support of stromal stem cells results in higher rate of alive thicker hair follicles.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Treating miniturization

Hair can be miniaturized either congenitally (from birth) or as a part of the aging process.  Regardless of the underlying cause, medical treatment can be initiated to increase the diameter and growth potential of the miniaturized follicle turning it into a large, thick terminal fiber.

The best methods available to enlarged a miniaturized follicle are:

1. Rogaine 5% - topically applied twice daily to spot of thinning/miniaturization.  

2. PRP - use your own growth factors from your blood to stimulate growth. Can be microinjected into areas of miniturizatiion.   

3. Light treatment - may not work with blonde hair.  

4. Pills - as directed by your MD. As pills act thoughout the body, may treat the whole head rather than docused on the area of interest. May have side effects.  

Now, there is always a hair transplant - but, I agree that the medical methods should be tried first before choosing this option. 

Best of luck from Manhattan. Hope this answer helped you.

Dr. Paul

Benjamin C. Paul, MD

Grow Baby-Hair Grow!

I have great results with progesterone and PRP injections in the scalp. I suggest a formal consultation. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Side hairloss

You might try to use minoxidil and apply it locally to get same small hairs which is a usual result from this drug

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Way to grow out temple area fine hair without surgery?

britt16,

It looks like you have some miniaturization in the apices and temples. Sometimes PRP/Acell injections can help. Would also recommend Lasercap Pro treatment.

Bernardino A. Arocha, MD

Bernardino Arocha, MD
Houston Hair Restoration Surgeon