How much will a diastasis recti repair cost for someone in great shape and little body fat..? (Photo)

I have a small "diastasis recti" after two children. How much would a simple repair cost? I am 29 years old and in great shape despite this. I have very little extra skin and hardly any body fat (12%). The gap itself is shallow and only about 1-2 fingers wide but I do not care for the appearance and so, am considering diastasis recti repair or perhaps just a few stitches to close the gap(?) I would like to know a rough estimate for this surgery or other possible options. Thank you!

How much will a diastasis recti repair cost for someone in great shape and little body fat..?

The answer depends on many variables including type of anesthesia, length of case and physicians cost. Seek consultation with a qualified plastic surgeon in your area for the best information specific to your concerns and desires.

Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Diastasis repair in a "Mini tummy tuck like" procedure

This is not as uncommon as people may think, and thankfully it can be repair with the same technique used in a mini tummy tuck with umbilical float. A few stitches will not be enough to close the gap as you mention, you will need the normal repair. 

Prices varies from Surgeon and location, in DR the total price (surgeon's fees, anesthesia fees and facility fees) for this surgery will be from 3000 - 4000 when performed by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. I would recommend you first to decide where you want to have your surgery done, and then pick a few Surgeons and consult until you find someone you feel you can trust. make sure to choose a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who perform his surgeries in an accredited facility.

Find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and discuss what will be the proper treatment to achieve the result you desires.

Dr. Luis Redondo

Luis Eduardo Redondo, MD

Mini tummy tuck

Your photo demonstrates a narrow diastase. Repair using a lower skin incision can be done as an outpatient. I would recommend general anesthesia to provide better relaxation. Although the repair is small in scope, some liposuction to release the skin to a natural position is likely necessary. See an experienced plastic surgeon.

William C. Rigano, MD
Dayton Plastic Surgeon

Diastasis repair: what is involved?

The best approach would be through a low incision like a c-section with a "floating umbilicus" which allows repairin the superior abdomen.  The cost would be significantly less than a full.abdominoplasty, and could be done under sedation with local anesthesia.

Thanks for the question. When it comes to costs of surgery, there may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure (quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider… are some of the potential variables involved. You will find some average costs of surgery on this website and on individual plastic surgeons' websites as well.

In regards to outcome of the planned procedure, more important than costs of the procedures will be careful selection of your plastic surgeon. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.
Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to SEE lots of examples of their work AND preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.
Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
 I hope this, and the attached link, helps. Best wishes.

It would be interesting to see a picture of side to answer your question.

Dr. Manuel Marte.

Manuel Marte, MD