How to Identify Gigantomastia?

23 years old. Currently a 44II cup. Started growing at 8 years old. By age 13, was C cup. By age 18, DDD cup and overweight. Have emotional/physical distress. Doctor might consider a reduction. I am obese, 300 lbs. Exercise is embarrassing but I do not sit, I make myself move. Gigantomastia?

Gigantomastia and Breast Reduction

Although breasts are comprised partly of fat, even drastic weight loss won't result in significant shrinkage in that area (and even then, the breasts will still be saggy). Many doctors ignore a crucial dilemma: When your breasts are so large, exercise is a miserable, if not impossible, option. Being overweight doesn't exclude you from having breast reduction surgery. In fact, it will motivate you to lose weight by improving your body image and freeing you to exercise with minimal bouncing and flopping.

Breast reduction surgery removes excess breast tissue and reshapes the contour of the breasts so that they are smaller and perkier. I commonly use a minimal incision technique (Le Jour), eliminating the need for large scars while providing a pleasing breast contour and shape that is proportionate to the patient's body.

During a consultation, the doctor should show you images reflecting the results of the procedure you’re considering, and seeing the photos can give you a sense of a surgeon’s aesthetics. I also do computer imaging, which allows us to photograph you and then immediately manipulate your features onscreen, so that you have an idea of a procedure’s “after effect.” Although you won’t come out looking exactly as you do on screen, your resulting image helps with decision making.

Gigantomastia and Breast Reduction

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Control is what you need

Sounds like the first thing you need to do is take control of your life and go on a diet. You have big breasts without a doubt and a reduction can help -- but your weight is unhealthy and you need control of that first.

Control is what you need

Breast reduction for gigantomastia, hypertrophy, hyperplasia, etc.

It appears that large breasts by any name is only a part of your problem. Being seriously overweight places you at high risk for surgical complicaitons. You and your surgeon must weigh the risks alternatives and benefits of the procedure.

Gigantomastia?

Regardless of semantics,  you obviously have a real issue with breasts  that are too large,  causing you both physical and emotional distress. You will,  at some point,  benefit from breast reduction surgery. Prior to this procedure weight loss  should be accomplished if at all possible.

Best wishes  as you strive to reach your goals. 

Gigantomastia?

Breast Reduction and Bariatric Surgery

It is CLEAR that you would greatly benefit from Weight Loss (Bariatric) surgery. The closer you are to your ideal weight the healthier you would be and the nicer your cosmetic results. Once you lose all the excess weight there may be some breast sagging as well. Depending on the breast size when you are at your ideal weight, you would still benefit from a Breast Reduction but your cosmetic outcome would be much better.

Breast Reduction and Bariatric Surgery

Identify gigantomastia

From your description yes you are a "GIGANTOMASTIA" patient. As Dr P states there are increased risks. But see in person 3 boarded Plastic Surgeons to discuss in detail.

From MIAMI DR. B

Identify gigantomastia

From MIAMI DR. B

Larger breasts and obesity

At 300 lbs I would suggest losing weight first and then having the breast reduction.  You may find that the breasts will shrink as well.  If it is too difficult for you to lose weight, then a breast reduction may help to ease the discomfort of the larger breasts and put you on track to get in better shape.

Larger breasts and obesity

Gigantomastia

Why is defining this important?  To me, you are obese, yes, but you have very large breasts.  It may be helpful for you to have the weight removed.  The problem is that if you lose significant weight, the breasts will tend to lose volume/size, and shape.  They can be re-done, however, at a later time.

You may also want to consider bariatric surgery.

Gigantomastia