I Am 5 Ft. 90lb Dr. Recommend 225cc Mentor Silicone, Under. Is This a Good Size for Me? (photo)

I am really petite. Standing at 5ft, 90lb, with a ribcage of 26 and 30 bandwidth. My BA is in one week and my PS recommend me with 225cc Mentor silicone, under the muscle. I'm still very undecided about the size. Don't know if I should go bigger with a 250cc. Question is, will I be in a full B or Med B with a 225cc? And do you think I should go with 225cc or 250cc based on my body frame. Keep in mind, I am going for a natural look, no where like a C cup.

I Am 5 Ft. 90lb Dr. Recommend 225cc Mentor Silicone, Under. Is This a Good Size for Me?

Yes I might consider 250 UHP silicones for you. If you want a B cup than discuss with your chosen surgeon. 

Choosing size

I agree a silicone gel under the muscle will give you the most natural look. If looking natural is your main goal, a smaller implant will always be best. I think you will be happy with either one.

Armin Moshyedi, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Size

Cup size is an exact measurement as it ranges widely among bra companies and even within the same company.

The size of the implants are based on a combination of a patient's goals and objectives and her anatomy. In order to provide a natural looking augmentation, the surgeon needs to evaluate many factors including soft tissue coverage, skin laxity, chest wall width, breast imprint width, the shape of the breasts and relative level of constriction to ensure that the breast implants are appropriate for your body. Consult with 3 experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeons to understand your objectives.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Breast Surgery

I think the difference between those two implants is so small you could never tell the difference so choose the bigger one!

Best Breast Implant Size/Profile for Me?

As you can imagine, despite your good description of body type and goals, it is not possible to give you precise  advice online.
 The best online advice I can give to ladies ( in regards to best breast implant size/profile) who are considering revisionary breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “ natural”  or “B cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.

Sizing for breast augmentati

There are many ways to be sized. In my practice, I put actual implants inside a bra with no padding such as a Warner 1003 which you can get at Macy's. I then place you in a t shirt or tank top. When you find the size which you feel is proportionate to your frame I then add 25 to compensate for being placed under the muscle.  This in my practice helps patients the most.

Roger J. Friedman, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

you have a very tight breast envelope. there not a significant difference between the two sizes that you are considering. The size may need to be determined at the time of surgery by your surgeon.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Recommended Breast Volume for #BreastAugmentation

From your photos, you have very little breast tissue and will benefit significantly from the procedure. However, 25cc difference is almost nothing and the better way to approach the surgery is to communicate with your surgeon about what you desire and let him/her choose the implant that best suits your goals.

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Deciding on the size of implants before breast augmentation

Thank you for sharing your pre-op photos.

A difference of 25cc (225 or 250) is about table spoon and should not make a bold difference even on a small frame like yours.

With that perspective, the subpectoral implants advantages are many especially if you are after the "natural" look.

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.
I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.

Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Is This a Good Size for Me?

There are no fixed definitions of cup size. I have numerous patients who have bras in 3 different cup sizes all of which fit. A B cup on a 34 band is smaller than one on a 36, larger than one on a 32, and so forth. I would not hazard a guess as to your cup size after enlargement. 

25 cc is less than two tablespoons. If you look at the two implants you are considering, without reading the label I would be surprised if you could pick out the larger one. Your surgeon should be certain that the implants chosen matches the width of your natural breast tissue, and help you choose the best size for you.  Thanks, and best wishes.