How Long Would a Hyaluronic Acid Lip Enhancement Last?

how long does it generally last? and is there any dangers or serious side effects to take into consideration before doing this? also do you recommend any other natural / non surgical procedures for lip enhancement? :) thank you

Hyaluronic acid fillers in the lip

Hyaluronic acid fillers like restylane and juvederm typically last between 3-6 months in the lips, though I have seen a few patients at 2 months, and a few at 9-12 months duration. Every person metabolizes fillers at a different rate. For optimal symmetry, beauty, duration, and minimizing of side effects, make sure to be treated by an expert injector such as a dermatologist.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Hyaluronic acid fillers in the lip

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Hyaluronic fillers last 3-6 months in the lips.

Most hyaluronic fillers are gone in 3-6 months and run roughly $550/syringe but look great. Lip implants run $1500-2000/implant and is permanent and easy to put in and natural looking. Lip enhancer lipstick causes lips to plump for 2 hrs for $60 and can be reapplied often to look great for the whole evening. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

What is the best filler to enhance my lips?

Lip augmentation is one of my favorite procedures as it can give the face a very youthful and appealing appearance.  There is no one filler that is best for everyone, but that also means there are options to help everyone achieve their specific desired goals for their lips. Lip fillers last anywhere from 6 months to two years depending on the specific product used. 

There is a full range of desires when it comes to lip augmentation.  Often when patients come in for the first time they are often worried of looking “over done” or having the dreaded “duck lips.”  However just like a breast augmentation, if patients could change anything after their lip augmentation they wish they would have gone bigger! 

Lip augmentation is an art as you can mold and shape the lips.  The perfect lip augmentation is about giving the lips a natural, sexy appearance.  Just making the lips bigger is not beautiful.  Enhancing the size while creating a shape makes the face look more youthful.  Lip augmentation can create a cupid’s bow and improve the overall shape of the lips. 

Restylane Refyne and Restylane Silk are both great products for patients that want a subtle augmentation to their lips.  The Refyne is a new product that last up to a year giving patients a lasting result. 

Juvederm Ultra Plus and Restylane and the workhorse products for fillers as they have been around for years and patients tend to love them.  They last about a 6-months in the lips. 

Resylane Defyne and Juvederm Vollure both last about up to a year.  Both of these products will give patients a little more volume and fullness to their lips.  The Vollure and Defyne will also last up to a year giving patients a lasting results the will love for their lip enhancements.

Juvederm Volluma is the longest lasting product on the market and lasts up to two years.  It is typically used for a mid-face lift.  However, in patients that want a full luscious appearance to their lips this can be an incredible option. 

Lip enhancement can be done as a simple procedure in the office.  Patients come to the office have numbing cream applied to their lips.  I give them about 15 to 20 min to let the cream take affect and then the actual process of the lip injections takes about ten minutes. 

Patients can return to work or their daily life immediately after the simple office procedure is completed. 

Please consult with your board-certified plastic surgeon about your lip augmentation options.  

Hyaluronic acid lip enhancement

I believe either Juvederm or Restylane is the best option for lip augmentation. Lip enhancement with hyaluronic acid fillers such as Juvederm and Restylane in my patients last at least 6 months and usually last for one year. The Web reference link below will show you photos of my wife's lips before and one year after injection of 2 cc's of Restylane. There is also a 4 year follow up photo showing her long lasting results without any touch ups.

The typical side effects associated with hyaluronic acid injections such as Restylane or Juvederm include bruising, redness, swelling and pain. These occur in as high as 90% of patients and usually resolve within one week. Dangerous side effects are quite rare.

The video link below shows me injecting my wife’s lips with Restylane!

Hyaluronic acid lip enhancement

HA Lip Enhancement

There are several HA products such as Juvederm, Restylane, etc.  All last about the same time.  Most patients come in twice a year for lip injections.  However, each person is different and you will just have to judge for yourself.

Good Luck.

HA Lip Enhancement

Good Luck.

Hyaluronic lip enhancement

There are several different brands of hyaluronic acid that can be used for lip enhancement.  Most plastic surgeons use either Restylane or Juvederm.   Either may last between three to sixq months, though the average may be around four months and I have seen it last up to 9 months in rare patients.  Some patients prefer one or the other, but some will get the one that may be on "special" for that particular month that they need a treatment.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Maui Plastic Surgeon

Hyaluronic lip enhancement

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Maui Plastic Surgeon