Will lumps from Sculptra and Voluma ever go away?

I had 4 viles of sculptra 2 years ago and have had lumbs under the skin and 1 that u can see. A month ago I had 2 tubes of Voluma since then I have more Lumbs under the skin. Will they ever go away or will they always be there?

Needs an exam

A careful exam of your lumps and voluma placement will help.
Sculptra lumps can sometimes be broken up with a fine needle.

Sculptra and Voluma

The products that were used are both great but the results depend on where and how it was injected. Sculptra will take time to dissolve but Voluma can be dissolved with Vitrase.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Lip Swelling After Fillers Such as Juvederm or Restylane -- Reverse With Hyaluronidase

Because it has been longer than two weeks, please see your physician and have the filler reversed. It is not normal to lumps/bumps that long after treatment.  Sculptra may require RF treatments and lasers.  Best, Dr. Emer

There is a treatment

Lumps with newer formulations of sculptra and proper injection technique are rare. They can be treated with injection of a mixture of cortisone and methotrexate. I would only treat the visible lump and leave the rest alone, as they will gradually dissolve on their own.
voluma can be a "lumpy" product if not placed properly. Voluma needs to injected very deeply and in small aliquots. Voluma lumps can be treated with injection of an enzyme called hyaloronidaze, and often several sessions are needed for full correction. Best of luck! 

Neda Vanden Bosch, MD
West Palm Beach Physician