How much Juvederm would I need for my top lip only? (Photo)

My bottom lip is rather big compared to my top lip. I would just want the left and right sides of my top lip plumped up a bit and I assume a little would need to be injected into the center of my top lip to even it out. But I DON'T want my top lip the size of my bottom lip.

Juvederm

I think you would be happy with 1 syringe of Juvederm Ultra Plus. You can always add more later.  I would recommend finding a board certified plastic surgeon in your area for the injection. 

Provo Plastic Surgeon

Lip filling

Recommendation for top lip:

I think 1 syringe (1cc) would do the trick. It will definitely help to balance the two lips. You can always add more afterwards. 

Good luck and post some post-treatment pics. :)

- Dr. Bryson Richards

Half a syringe for the upper lip

In your case, one half of a syringe would be plenty. It might not even take that much, depending on the look that you wanted to achieve. Remember, you could always have your upper lip injected and wait a few days to see if it the look that you want. You can always inject more.

Richard Weiss, MD
Newport Beach Oculoplastic Surgeon

How much Juvederm would be needed to fill the top lip only?

One syringe is plenty and quite possibly more than you need to augment and shape your upper lip. Any Juvederm that is not used in your upper lip could be placed elsewhere (lower lip line, nasolabial folds, jawline, undereye, cheeks, etc) so that it does not go to waste. Your aesthetic sense is very keen in that you recognize that the lower lip should always be more full than the upper lip for a natural look. Seek a consultation with an experienced physician injector. 

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm to upper lip

Bottom lips are naturally larger than top lips, but many women have the top lip filled and It typically takes more than just one syringe of juvederm to give you very large lips.  From your picture, you may use 3/4's to one syringe maximum .  It's easier to give you an idea as your lips are being injected, but no more than one syringe.  Keep in mind, the tissue in our lips is more delicate than other parts of our face, and will swell much more initially.   If there is left over, I just fill other areas of the patients face with it . 

Chad Robbins, MD

Hi,
based on your photo, I would say 1 syringe would be more than plenty.
I rarely use more than one syringe on lips anyway.
We can always add more, but subtle, natural results are always best.
Best to you,

Dr. Malouf

Peter Malouf, DO
Dallas Dermatologist

How much Filler is Needed for Lips?

I suggest an in person consultation.  It is impossible to determine how much filler is needed without seeing your face, your lips during annimation, your lips at different angles etc.  If you want the best possible results, see someone with expertise.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Juvederm Amount in Upper Lip

Hi Ace,

I would treat your upper lip with less than 1 cc of Juvederm, likely about 1/2.  Make sure to choose your injecting physician most carefully.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD
Encino Facial Plastic Surgeon

How much Juvederm would I need for my top lip only?

I suggest you would need less than a full syringe for your upper lip only.  You are correct that your upper lip should NOT be as large as your lower lip!  

Depending on the experience of the injector I would use up to 1 syringe of Juvederm Ultra for the upper lip. Fee $650.