Can I open the pill bottles 1 week post breast augmentation surgery? I have to open a lot of pill bottles at work (Photo)

Opening pill bottles

There is some variability from patient to patient. Some of my patients do tell me that they have minor difficulty with opening child proof pill bottles a week after surgery.  You can request non childproof bottles for your post op prescription medications and be aware that if you need to open a lot of pill bottles at work this involves engaging your pec muscles to some degree which isn't a good idea 1 week after surgery.

Activity after breast augmentation

Thank you for your question.  Opening pill bottles, even tons of them, should not be a problem, especially 1 week after surgery.  You may be a little sore, but this will not negatively impact your result.  The main restrictions are excessive arm motion and heavy lifting.  Best wishes.

Brian C. Reuben, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Post-op Breast Augmentation instructions

Thank you for your question. Yes, you may open pill bottles. Given that you are only one week post-operative, you most likely will experience a bit of discomfort throughout the next few weeks. Happy healing! 

Ok to open bottles

Thank you for your question.You may experience some discomfort but yes you can open pill bottles. You will not hurt anything to open them, it just may be a little bit difficult at first when you are healing. Good luck.

Francis Johns, MD
Greensburg Plastic Surgeon

Opening pill bottles should be fine.  It's always best to review any questions and concerns with your surgeon as he/she is most familiar with how your recovery is progressing.

Camille Cash, MD

Pill bottles

Opening pill bottles should not be a problem. However, please discuss any specific requirements for work you have with your surgeon.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

If you are talking about normal pharmacology pill bottles, you will be fine.Always discuss your concerns with your surgeon.Best Wishes,Nana Mizuguchi, MD

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS