I've had facelift pain for 8 months, bad dizziness and concentration loss. Can you help me?

Had a facelift 8 months ago. Am having much pain in face and neck. "roaring" in my ears. Am very dizzy. Concentration is gone. Have tingling in feet and hands as well as face. I'm a shadow of myself. Can you advise me?

Facelifting #woundhealing #cosmeticsurgery #beauty

Dear Charlieboy326

I am sorry that you are experiencing these problems, they are unusual and persisting.  If your ear canal is blocked - this could be part of the problem.   See your surgeon and ask for a referral to a specialist .

With Warm Regards

Trevor M Born MD

Hello Charlieboy326

Although rare to have any significant pain with a facelift, for it to last this long is even more rare if it were caused by the facelift.  The other symptoms you have including the roaring in your ears, dizziness, lack of concentration, and tingling in your hands would be unrelated to your facelift.  As the sensation returns in the areas of the skin that were elevated during the facelift you can have episodes of tingling but this is also usually gone by this time.  

Although it is possible the pain in your face and neck may be related to your facelift, because the rest of your symptoms don't sound to be related to your facelift, I would recommend you do follow up with your surgeon for an evaluation but also your primary care physician.  

I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift and symptoms

Your symptoms sound unrelated to you previous facelift and you should probably see your internist or the local emergency room for evaluation. Best of luck. 

Post face lift symptoms

Your symptoms do not seem to correlate to a face-lift.
I would suggest once your plastic surgeon has evaluated
you and rule out any relation to your surgery to be referred
accordingly to another physician that can help you.
Best wishes

Fernando Colon, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Dizziness, loss of concentration

You need to see either your family MD or a neurologist for all of these problems. None of your symptoms are related to your lift unless psychologically.

Robert J. Smyth, MD
Cincinnati Facial Plastic Surgeon

These symptoms are very unusual after a facelift.  Did you discuss with your doctor what technique was used?  Some techniques that utilize subperiosteal dissection may lead to discomfort and swelling that can last for months.