Any suggestions for Wound Tunneling?

I have a wound vac, 1. I am "assuming" that the open from the internal tunneling is where the majority of the fluid/drainage is coming from?? 2. When the internal tunnel close/begin to close is that a way to tell if the internal tunneling is closing?

Y suggestions for Wound Tunneling?

Thank you for the question. It is difficult to answer your question without examining you. It is common practice to use a wound VAC to treat open wound post TT. It is great for this types of wound as it it can heal faster. I would recommend for you to follow instructions from your board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck.

Complex wound healing.

Hi fles.

Sorry to hear about your issue, but I assure you that it does happen from time to time.

1.  It is hard to tell where the majority of drainage comes from, as the entire wound tends to have fluid secretions.  The Vac is great to get rid of them, keep the tissues from getting soggy, and sucking away bacteria.

2,  I'm not sure of your question, so if this answer is off, that is why.  The Vac is packed in to prevent the tunnel walls from sealing with a chamber being left behind without an opening, and thereby encouraging abscess formation.  The Vac is gently removed so that the tunnels heal from the end to the opening without leaving chambers.

Hope this explains it.

Se

Any suggestions for Wound Tunneling?

More information regarding the type of wound (location, duration, cause, etc) would be help so my answer will be somewhat generic. Tunneling, sometimes called undermining is common with surgical wounds. Wounds product fluid as a result of the damage to the tissues resulting in leaking of albumin, white blood cells  and other substances. As the cells heal and grow together, the fluid should diminish. If there are bacteria present in sufficient quantities, then your body may produce more fluid.

As healing occurs, tunneling should get smaller and less deep and consequently, less fluid is produced.