Restylane caused bumps underneath eyes even after 6 months and they won't go away.

I had the Restylane injected 6 months ago underneath my eyes because of the hallowness. It caused bumps which made me look 10 years older and are still remaining underneath eyes after 6 months. Would this ever go away or do I need to have the doctor inject the hyaluronidase to reverse it? Or is there anything else I can get done?

Restylane Bumps Under the Eyes

Thank you for your question. Restylane in the eye area can last up to 1 year. If the bumps have been there for 6 months it is likely it is filler. You can have the bumps dissolved with enzyme called hyaluronidase. This typically works within hours. Injections in this area should only be done expert injectors. Best of Luck!

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Restylane Under Eyes

If you want to wait, it should go away within the next 6 months or so. If it is very bothersome, I suggest having hyaluronidase injected to dissolve the remaining Restylane.

Best of Luck,

Landon Pryor, MD, FACS
Rockford Plastic Surgeon

RESTYLANE "BUMPS"

Since the issue is still there at six months and hasn't improved, I would definitely visit the injector and have the Hdase injected.  This usually works in hours. If it doesn't work, you may have formed a type of scar tissue that would need to be excised.  This would be unlikely, however.   The eyes are a very sensitive area for HAs and great care and experience is required for safe and aesthetic injections in that location.

R. Scott Yarish, MD

Bad outcome with Restylane injections under the eyes

Thank you for sharing your problems. Vitrase injected into the area will likely dissolve the Restylane. See an experienced Oculoplastic Surgeon for evaluation and treatment.  

Good luck,

Restylane bumps

It will go away, as 6 months is still early and the Restylane can persist up to a year.  However, if it's obvious, you can just get a little HAase put in there to help speed up the process, as you mentioned.  

Cain R. Linville, MD

Restylane bumps

Hi thyme,

Thanks for your question and sorry to hear there are bumps underneath your eyes. I would recommend getting the hyaluronidase injections. Filler under the eyes can last quite a while, so it may be some time before they go away on their own. On the other hand, hyaluronidase injections are quick, safe, and effective.

David W. Kim, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hello Thyme,

If it has been 6 months and you still have noticeable lumps, I would recommend you receive an injection of hyaluronidase.  This is an injection that specifically goes and removes the filler only.  This will help to take care of your lumps very quickly.  Given your previous experience, I'd recommend you only receive injections from one of the core aesthetic physicians such as a facial plastic surgeon or dermatologist.

I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hyaluronidase to the rescue--Reversing Restylane

Yes, this can be reversed with hyaluronidase and you can try a different technique next time. I recommend Belotero for under the eyes and suggest using cannulas to limit complications. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

These bumps need to be removed with enzyme hyaluronidase.

Under eye treatment is incredible but lumps and bumps are not so great.  The product can persist for year.  Do not wait for these to just go away, it is not going to happen.  Find a physician who can remove these with enzyme.  The beauty of Restylane is that the bumps can be adjusted at anytime after a treatment.