Restylane caused bumps underneath eyes even after 6 months and they won't go away.

I had the Restylane injected 6 months ago underneath my eyes because of the hallowness. It caused bumps which made me look 10 years older and are still remaining underneath eyes after 6 months. Would this ever go away or do I need to have the doctor inject the hyaluronidase to reverse it? Or is there anything else I can get done?

Bad outcome with Restylane injections under the eyes

Thank you for sharing your problems. Vitrase injected into the area will likely dissolve the Restylane. See an experienced Oculoplastic Surgeon for evaluation and treatment.  

Good luck,

Restylane bumps

It will go away, as 6 months is still early and the Restylane can persist up to a year.  However, if it's obvious, you can just get a little HAase put in there to help speed up the process, as you mentioned.  

Restylane bumps

Hi thyme,

Thanks for your question and sorry to hear there are bumps underneath your eyes. I would recommend getting the hyaluronidase injections. Filler under the eyes can last quite a while, so it may be some time before they go away on their own. On the other hand, hyaluronidase injections are quick, safe, and effective.

David W. Kim, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hello Thyme,

If it has been 6 months and you still have noticeable lumps, I would recommend you receive an injection of hyaluronidase.  This is an injection that specifically goes and removes the filler only.  This will help to take care of your lumps very quickly.  Given your previous experience, I'd recommend you only receive injections from one of the core aesthetic physicians such as a facial plastic surgeon or dermatologist.

I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hyaluronidase to the rescue--Reversing Restylane

Yes, this can be reversed with hyaluronidase and you can try a different technique next time. I recommend Belotero for under the eyes and suggest using cannulas to limit complications. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

These bumps need to be removed with enzyme hyaluronidase.

Under eye treatment is incredible but lumps and bumps are not so great.  The product can persist for year.  Do not wait for these to just go away, it is not going to happen.  Find a physician who can remove these with enzyme.  The beauty of Restylane is that the bumps can be adjusted at anytime after a treatment.