Is it normal to feel nausea a week after Coolsculping?

I had pain for the last two days and now that has subsided, I feel nauseated.

Nausea one week after Coolsculpting

Nausea one week after Coolsculpting is not a complaint that I have heard.  You may have nausea with the abdominal area at the time of the procedure itself.  I would definitely consult your treating physician if you are feeling unwell. 

Coolsculpting

I appreciate your question.
Any change in symptoms require immediate follow up with your doctor

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Nausea after pain of Coolsculpting has subsided.

Nausea (by itself) is not a common complaint after Coolsculpting, but pain certainly is, and nausea often accompanies use of pain medication, especially those hard on the GI tract, like aspirin, ibuprofen, other NSAIDS, and, of course, narcotics, which slow the gut and frequently are associated with nausea and vomiting.

Without a more detailed history and physical examination, or knowledge about you specifically, online speculation is often not helpful. Go see your own surgeon and ask these questions. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Nausea after Coolsculpting

Nausea one week after Coolsculpting is not expected.  I would encourage you to contact your treating physician and be seen. I have had patients experience nausea immediately after the Coolsculpting applicator is removed, while the treated area is massaged. This nausea passes before the patient leaves the office and the nausea has not returned. Please be seen by the doctor that treated you. 

Linda J. Leffel, MD
Bend Plastic Surgeon

Nausea

Nausea is not commonly a side effect of the CoolSculpting procedure itself.  If you were taking any medication for the pain associated with the treatment, that could be the culprit.  I would recommend visiting with your provider and determining whether or not you may be coming down with something completely unrelated to your treatment.

Lee B. Daniel, MD
Eugene Plastic Surgeon

Nausea and Pain After Coolsculpting

Pain and Nausea can be normal after any procedure , I suggest speaking to your doctor if this persists.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Nausea After CoolSculpting

It's not normal to have nausea after CoolSculpting, especially a week after. Maybe there is something else going on with you? I would return to see your treatment provider for an in-person evaluation.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Nausea

Nausea after Coolsculpting is not typical.  Do you have delayed onset pain that is making you nauseated?  Perhaps the pain medication is making you nauseated?

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD