Kybella for armpit fat removal? (Photo)

Hello, I am not over-weight but I need some procedures to remove the armpit fat (maybe fat + some breast tissue), will Kybella work on the fat removal for armpit?

Kybella for armpit fat removal?

Hello, and thanks for your question. Kybella is FDA-approved for reduction of fat underneath the chin, but has not yet been studied in other areas, but this is currently under investigation. In order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with a well-trained dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht. 

Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Kybella is only FDA approved for the submental area

Kybella is only FDA approved to treat the submental area under the chin. Anything other than this area is considered "off label" and does not carry extensive research to potential side effects and complications. Use caution and go to an experienced injector who is board certified. 

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Kybella for bra fat

Kybella is the first and thus far only FDA-approved, non-surgical, injectable treatment for the double chin. At this point it is only indicated for the double chin. However there are currently studies on the use of Kybella for other areas including bra fat. The safety and side-effect profile for Kybella has not been established on areas other than the double chin and Kybella treatments in other areas are currently considered off label. There are a number of surgical and non-surgical options for pockets of fat including a variety of energy-based devices. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Kybella for Armpit Fat Removal

Great question!  In fact, I get asked this question quite a bit!
Currently, Kybella is only FDA approved for injections in the submental (chin) area.  However, there are clinical trials being performed for injections in other places.  Stay tuned to updates as these trials unfold!
As for now, I would recommend liposuction with a board certified plastic surgeon.  This is a permanent and reliable way to remove fat from this area.
Best of luck to you!

Kybella for arm fat?

Kybella is a wonderful product for dissolving fat and tightening skin but it really depends on what your goals are and how fast you would like to achieve these goals.  

Treatment of anterior bra fat with Kybella is actually being looked at in an ongoing trial and so I can't speak to their results just yet.  I can tell you that we have used it in a few off-label areas with very good success but it has taken at least 2 treatments to do so.  

My suggestion for a quick and easy in-office procedure would be to do liposuction in this area followed by ThermiTight.  The procedure should take no more than 30-45 minutes total and the results can be seen in as little as a few months.  

I hope that helps and wish you the very best!

Under Arm Fat Reduction

Currently, Kybella is only FDA approved for submental fat; however, Allergan is working on FDA approval for additional areas in the future. In the meantime, you can consider Exilis as a non-invasive treatment for fat reduction. 

Richard W. Westreich, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Kybella for Body Fat

Kybella is fantastic treatment for submental fat under the chin.  However, it is not FDA approved for fat reduction in other places of the body. You should look into Coolsculpting and other non-surgical fat removal procedures.  Best, Dr. Green

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring is BEST FOR ARMPIT FAT ... ALSO Kybella, Sculpsure/Coolsculpting

Hi definition procedures such as VASER Liposuction give results instantly and the final result should be seen by 3-6 months. Noninvasive procedures such as CoolSculpting or Sculpsure will only give you a 20-25% reduction in fat and will take several treatments. Kybella can be used, just take numerous treatments. I suggest consulting with a body contouring specialist. Best, Dr. Emer

Kybella for armpit fat removal?

Hello Brendazhangtx,

Kybella can theoretically remove fat anywhere it is injected.  It is currently only approved for the double chin area (submentum).  Using it in the armpit area would be considered off label, and may carry some serious risks since the nerves that control your arm are nearby.  There are other treatment options for that area which would probably be more effective, less expensive, and less risky.  

I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Kybella might help

Kybella might help, but each vial only removes small amounts of tissue.
Liposuction or Sculpsure treatments remove larger areas of tissue.