Cosmetic Bonding after braces?? Question for both Orthodontists & dentists (photos)

I want to get cosmetic bonding between my left & right canines.i have these weird groves(pics below) which are the natural shape of my teeth.bc of the natural shape braces alone won't close those two spaces. How does bonding after braces typically work? Will I have time to whiten my teeth before bonding (I don't want the spaces to open again if I wait to long) do I go as soon as I take my braces off? Will I have to get a new retianer after bonding? PlZ someone explain everything I should know

Bonding after ortho

Have your orthodontist make a clear over your teeth temp retainer and use it to apply whitening at home ( your bonding dentist should provide it).  Once whitening is complete you can proceed with the bonding and then have a more long=term retainer made.

Great Neck Dentist

Braces and more

The process for restorative treatment after orthodontic treatment is usually as follows:
Appliances (braces) removed, retainer to be worn immediately after appliance removal, teeth whitening to desired shade, cosmetic bonding after tooth color stabilizes (about 2 weeks after whitening). Your retainer may need to be adjusted or remade after the bonding. It is important that your dentist and orthodontist work together closely to coordinate the appointments.
Chi H. Bui, DMD, MS

Chi H. Bui, DMD, MS
Fountain Valley Orthodontist

Cosmetic bonding

Yes, bonding with composite resin (the white tooth colored filling material) can help with those grooves.  Some patients have a more pronounced incisal edge, or slope, on the front part of their canines.  I would encourage you bleach your teeth first, and then have your dentist place the bonding in those areas.  The bonding does not bleach like your natural teeth and you'll want any work to blend as seamlessly as possible with your natural teeth.  I would like to add that the bonding in those sites may stay or they may come off rather quickly;  your canines take a lot of force and the bonding may 'pop' off as a result.