BA for wide set breasts? (Photos)

I am 5'3, 117 lbs, ~34Bish. I have wide set breasts with 8" between my nipples. I know my anatomy is what effects the potential outcomes from a BA, so what could be done to potentially get them a little closer and have a full C or small D sized breasts?

Wide set breasts

An in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area is your best bet. They can examine your breasts including the base width of your breasts. They can then discuss implant and surgical technique options to obtain more cleavage for you.

Wide set breasts and Breast Augmentation

Hi there, thank you for your photos and question. Whilst there are a myriad elements to consider in addition to a personal examination which includes state of the skin envelope, nature of the breast tissues and then like, purely based on your pictures an anatomicallly shaped implant place in a dual plane most likely DP III should given you the very result you are looking for. Research see an experienced plastic surgeon. Good luck 

Ross Farhadieh, MBBS, MD, FRACS, FRCS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation for wide set breasts

Make sure you express your concerns to your surgeon.  She/he will make sure that the pocket is dissected as much as possible on the medial edge but you do not want it overdissected or you will get a uniboob.  Nobody wants a uniboob!  I think you will have a nice result.  It looks like your muscle insertion is likely medial to where your actual breast tissue lies right now so the implants will appear to bring your breasts closer together.  Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon and she/he can give you an idea of what to expect.  Best wishes!

Maida Parkins, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation for Wide Set Breasts

Your final result will depend upon the skill and experience of your surgeon.  Your physical findings are in keeping with many patients desiring the breast augmentation procedure.  Talk to your surgeon, examine his/her own before and after photographs with emphasis on the goals you have verbalized.  With proper dissection, implant choice and placement, you are in a position to achieve a very beautiful enhanced breast.

Kevin Bounds, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Wide Set Breasts

Thank you for your question! It's best to schedule a one-on-one consultation with a Board Certified Surgeon in your area to discuss your options. The American Society of Plastic Surgeons website will be tool in starting your search. Best of luck! 

Breast augmentation

Precise breast measurements need to be taken in order to determine how much closer your implants can be placed to narrow your intermammary or cleavage distance. Based on the pictures, it also seems as though your left breast is more ptotic (hangs lower) than your right breast. It is also possible that the left breast is slightly larger than the right. I find that cup size is not an accurate way to determine breast size. This is because different bra companies size you differently. Instead, in my practice, I like to focus more on a particular "look" that you are looking for. I encourage my patients but do not mandate them to bring in "wish pics" of actual people who have breast augmentation if possible to help guide me to better understand the look that you are looking for. Based on your breast measurements and a detailed discussion about the "look" that you are trying to achieve will help determine the proper implant size for you. External sizers are then placed in non padded bras in the office so that you can get visual feedback as to what they will look like in your actual clothes etc. Also, if there truly is a volume difference between the two breasts, which can be determined on exam, implants of two different sizes can be placed in order to improve this asymmetry. I strongly recommend being seen by a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in cosmetic breast procedures to evaluate you.

Dr. Ravi Somayazula

Ravi Somayazula, DO
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.

• Your breasts are fairly widely set -
  • The size of the implant will be determined at your consultation -
  • My attached video may help you prepare for it so you are comfortable with your choice
  • The implants can be placed right up to the edge of the sternum - but close risks the implant being closer in than your breasts, which is a very odd look.
  • So ask you surgeon, based on the size implant you choose to draw on you where that implant will fit.
  • A narrow implant will not as well for this as a wider one, so there may be some compromise on size. 

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Wide breasts; how to create cleavage

Breast augmentation is really an operation all about control of the creation of a pocket under the breast where the implant sits and makes the breast larger and more beautiful.  Without the second part (more beautiful) all you have is a bigger breast.  To make this happen for you, you will need a surgeon who does not rush through the operation and is capable of precisely creating the pocket to give you a great result.  

Jay Calvert, MD, FACS

Gap between breasts

Breast augmentation enhances the breasts that you have.   To give you any meaningful advice requires in person consultation and formal physical exam.   Based on your photos alone, you may need a periareolar lift with your breast augmentation.   As per the gap between your breasts,  cleavage distance (inter-mammary distance) has to do partly with surgical technique (pocket creation and implant selection) and mostly to do with the width of your sternal bone (chest bone).   This will be assessed during your consultation/physical exam.  Please see a board certfied plastic surgeon in your area to learn more about your options. Best wishes,

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

BA for wide set breasts? (Photos)

Thank you for the question and photos. It is difficult to answer your question without examining you. For patients with a wider breast a moderate plus implant maybe a better option. It is best to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck.