Would 2 syringes of Juvederm be enough to get full plump lips? (Photo)

I want to get one syringe in the top and one in the bottom. Is that enough to make them look plump? and what's the best filler. I'm 22 and haven't had my lips done before.

Best Lip Injections....How to Not Look Like a Reality TV Freak

Hi Hot Lips,

One syringe of Juvederm is more than enough to fill both your upper and lower lips, you should not look like a reality TV freak!  Any injector willing to inject more is not looking out for your best interests, rather they are looking to pad their pocketbooks, stay away!  Less in definitely more in your case.

Most importantly, as with any facial aesthetic treatment be sure to take the time to choose your treating physician most carefully based on their experience, skill, and natural artistic vision. Good luck and be well.

Michael Persky, MD

Encino Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip Augmentation -- is two syringes too much?

This is a matter of personal taste. Some patients do require two syringes in order to achieve the augmentation they desire. Try with one syringe and if you would still like more plump, you can always go back and get more injected. Schedule an in-person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to get the most accurate recommendation.

Would 2 syringes of Juvederm be enough to get full plump lips?

You have very nice lips. Personally, I would not inject more than one syringe of Juvederm or Restylane in your lips as that should be more than enough to give you the "pouty" more plump look that you desire. More is not better when it comes to cosmetic procedures! Be sure your physician is an experienced "core" injector (facial plastic surgeon, plastic surgeon, dermatologist, or occuloplastic surgeon). This is because we all have a keen understanding of facial anatomy and the effects of injecting fillers in different regions of the face. I wish you well!

Parker A. Velargo, MD
New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon

How Many Syringes?

Thank you for your question! For your first time I would start with 1 syringe.  You can always add more.  Best of luck! 
Dr Dhaval PatelDouble Board CertifiedPlastic SurgeonChicagoHoffman Estates Oak Brook

Dhaval M. Patel, MD
Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm for lips

One syringe would probably be enough to plump up your lips. If you inject too much, the results will look abnormal. If it's your first time, as well, you'll want to be a little conservative so you can see how it looks.

Based on your photos, I would think one syringe would be enough.  Your lips are already quite full.  In my practice, two syringes for your lips would be too much.

Shim Ching, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Hello, and thank you for the question. In general, One syringe of Juvederm is adequate for the lips. A conservative approach is best when performing lip augmentation with filler. I would recommend a consult with a board certified plastic surgeon, facial plastic surgeon, or dermatologist. Each is a fantastic choice. I hope this information helps, and I wish you the best of luck.  

Paul S. Nassif, MD

One syringe of Juvederm will likely be enough to achieve your goal of plump lips.

One syringe of Juvederm will likely be enough to achieve your goal of plump lips. To obtain an exact amount schedule a consultation with an experienced injector. There are various lip fillers available - in the consultation the injector will inform you of the different available products specific to your needs.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Full plump lips

Consult in person with a master physician injector. Typically, one syringe of either restylane or juvederm would be sufficient for most patients with your stated goals. However, an in person consultation will allow you to more clearly describe your goals and objectives.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Lip filler with Juvederm

Looking at your photos, one syringe of Juvederm (my preferred product) should be plenty.  You have nice lip fullness and should look for only some enhancement, not an overdone look.  Estimating fillers is always tricky, since the real goal is to use enough to do the job-- like putting air into a flat tire--- but I can't imagine you needing more than 1 syringe.

Jeffrey C. Poole, MD
Metairie Dermatologic Surgeon