Is over 50 too old to have fat transfer done? (Photo)

I am currently a 36B, about 25 lbs overweight. I am premenopausal and in generally good health. Some of my concerns are: what are some of the added risks for 50+ patients; possible effects on nipples sensitivity/ numbness (I have very sensitive nipples); any other advice. Thank you!!!

Fat transfer candidate

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photos and description, you should be a good candidate for fat grafting.  As with implant augmentation, it is important for your surgeon to know what volume of fat to aim for when doing fat transfers to the breast. There are some very different limitations, however. The sizing process can be the same. Try on external sizers and you may determine that 200 cc, for example, is what you want to add to each breast. The actual procedure may require that your surgeon over fill your breasts with more fat as not all of this survives. In addition, your starting breast size determines how much you can place. The smaller the starting breast, the less you can add. Furthermore, you need enough donor fat to get to your goal. So setting expectations for fat grafting is much more nuanced than with implant based breast augmentation.

I would visit with a plastic surgeon in your area to discuss your goals.

Breast Fat transfer over 50 years age

Your photos suggest you may be an excellent candidate for fat transfer.  Your "generally good health" is the most important consideration when evaluating patients for procedures.  Age is not so much a factor when doing our risk/benefit evaluation.  Nipple sensation is usually not changed with fat transfer as we do not interfere with ductal structures.  Do discuss your concerns with an experienced and qualified surgeon when considering a procedure such as this as well as alternative choices for your bodysculpting.

Am I too old for fat grafting?

The bottom line is if you are in good health, without systemic disease and have reasonable expectations then this is a good option for you.  The usual surgical risks are still there:  infection, bleeding, sensory changes, scarring, fat necrosis (for transfers), blood clots, etc. You may experience some sensory changes but it should be short lived ~ a few months, possibly.  Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who has experience with fat transfers to the breast.  Good luck!
Dr. M

Is over 50 too old to have fat transfer done?

You will likely be a good candidate for the procedure.

Beverly Hills, CA......................