I have Dermatomyositis and I am currently in remission.

I am 54 years old and I would like to have restylane or some kind of filler. I had botox in the past but am afraid of it now. What type of filler can I use to get rid of lines between my eyebrows and around my mouth that is safe ? I have been in remission for about 5 months. Dermatomyositis is a skin/muscle autoimmune disease. My case was extremely mild compared to others.

Dermatomyositis and fillers

Dermatomyositis is an autoimmune disease and back when injectable collagen first came out it was called one of the collagen diseases and collagen injections were contraindicated. This was incorrect then and even now there are some who think autoimmune diseases preclude you from having filler, but there is a great deal of data that there is no problem. You can have any filler injected, but be sure you see a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon

Nashville Dermatologist