How long should any swelling numbness/firmness last after injection Restylane into the upper lip?

Going on 10 days.

Lip Augmentation

Thanks for your question. 

I always tell my patients to not love their filler injections for 2 weeks. Swelling is very common and sometimes immediate. It can last 3-7 days and a good idea is to use cold compresses. Cold compresses may be used immediately after treatment to reduce swelling only if needed. This may be applied for 3 minutes, 3 times per day, for up to 3 days. This is best done with a bag of peas in a zip lock bag. Only apply light pressure to the area but gentle massage might be necessary if the bump is from the filler material itself. Get Arnica gel if you can find some and apply a few times a day as well to help treat any swelling. Avoid any blood thinners. Bruising can also last 1-2 weeks. I don't recommend hyaluronidase this early and wait a few weeks until the swelling has resolved. If it is persistent or you are worried, set up a follow up appointment with your dermatologist.

Calgary Dermatologist

Lip Injections and Swelling/Side Effects

Lip injections are one of my favorite injections to do and you should be happy with the results.  Swelling or numbness can occur for a few days or a week.  If you are concerned you should return to your treating physician for examination.  Best, Dr. Green

Knowing What's Normal--Lip Augmentation with Fillers (Restylane, Juvederm)

Swelling can last up to two weeks after an injection, with numbness lasting 1-2 weeks, depending on the client. If numbness persists, contact your injector. If you're unhappy with your final result, you can have it reversed and try a different technique next time. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Lip filler

I usually tell patients to give it about two weeks for the lip swelling to go down. I suppose it is a rare patient that it may last longer.

Lip injecction

Swelling almost always occurs when lips are injected especially with hyaluronic acid. The numbness is from the swelling but should not last more than 7 days or so. The firmness will remain as this is an implant but you will get used to it and not notice it

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Swelling after lip injections can last for up to two weeks. You may be able to feel the filler but you should not have any numbness at this point. If it does not resolve in the next few days, you may want to let your injector reevaluate it. 

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after Restylane

Hi ~ Restylane injections into the lips can cause significant swelling and firmness. The majority of swelling, firmness, numbness  should resolve by 2 weeks. If there seems to be significant swelling that is not improving by 2 weeks it is a good idea to go see your injector.

Michael Hromadka, MD
Kalispell Physician