How to get rid of calcified seroma from liposuction?

I had tumescent lipo on my abs and flanks over a year ago. I had a fluid pocket that I believe was a seroma to the right of my belly button that was about 4 inches in length. It became hard after a few months. I asked a surgeon to have steroid injections but she suggested i wait, there's a chance it would just go away. It's over a year now and it feels like a muscle. Is it too late for steroid injections? What options do I have non surgically or is surgery the only option? I really hate the bump

Velashape

I would start out with Velashape.  It combines the mechanical benefits of endermologie with radio frequency and infrared and has been shown to be helpful in smoothing areas after liposuction as well as improving skin texture irregularities.  It is non invasive, and is performed in 8 weekly sessions with maintenance thereafter.  There are fewer risks than revision liposuction and does not prevent revision liposuction in the future.

Seroma

If the area has truly calcified, you will probably need surgery to remove the calcified walls around the seroma. Most other treatments will probably not removed the calcification.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Post Liposuction Irregularities, Swelling -- Try Massage, Velashape or Venus Legacy, Vanquish

This likely needs a revision procedure at this time however, vanquish/cellutone, venus legacy, velashape, exilis, massage all may be helpful to try as non invasive options.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Calcified seroma

Unfortunately, that can be difficult to regret rid of. Easiest is to try steroid (kenalog) injections with ultrasound massages- after a year is ok. 
Next options include Vaser ultrasound liposuction may break through the scar tissue or surgical excision.
An exam and consultation with a/your plastic surgeon is recommended to discuss your options and expectations.