Any chance of nerve damage leading to erectile dysfunction issues while getting a liposuction? (Photo)

I am planning a tumscilent lipo in august and . I am not on a proper diet but will go on one 30 days prior to my procedure. I m considrering it because until age 20 i had become a fat kid weighing 120kgs. from age 21- 28 i was able to hit 69kgs. marriage at age 28 i lost my track and gained weight. Now i am 3 n 98 kgs. weight lifting and HIiT burning1500 cals three to four days a week.. I need this lipo on my abdomen butt and inner thighs to get a kick start.. Also to get proper blood flow.

Liposuction will not have much effect of blood flow, and if properly done, will not interfere with erections. The nerves to the penis are not in the area treated with liposuction. However, you may have some swelling and bruising in that area initially.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction can help

Liposuction affects the area where the cannula is placed to remove fat.
Nerves to the penis are very deep and far away from the cannula placement.

It is highly unlikely that a liposuction procedure could cause erectile dysfunction, In fact, I have never heard of it associated.

Liposuction is safely performed just under the skin in the fat layer. While some temporary skin sensation changes are common, it would be extremely unusual for any erectile dysfunction. Some temporary swelling and bruising with some temporary numbness is possible in the penile and scrotal areas. We use Vaser ultrasound liposuction for less traumatic procedure and easier recovery.

An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon is recommended to discuss your options and expectations.