Treated areas look the same after tumescent lipo 1 week post op. Is it normal?

I have asked but I got to hear this community. I got the bags on my hips lipoed (that's a new word) one week ago. They are numb and maybe a bit swollen. The bruising is almost gone but the are the same size and stick out as far as they did before lipo. Is this normal at this stage? I am wearing my 1-stage garment every day. I am also worried that this bags on my hips will form again by sitting too much. My jobs is very sedentary. Can somebody give me insight on these two questions? Thanks!

Still early

One week out there is a lot of swelling after liposuction and it is too early to see much of a difference.

1 week

At one week from surgery, due to swelling, you may be the same size as you were before surgery. Please wear your compression garment and ask your surgeon to show you how to massage the areas. You may find after the swelling subsides, that you have the shape you wanted.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Lipo at one week

At one week out, you are likely pretty swollen. You have to give it time to heal and for the swelling to subside.  Best of luck.