I just received Botox from a Groupon deal yesterday. The liquid in the syringe was a yellow color. I am concerned.

Botox injections were given to me in between my eyes and crow's feet a day ago. I specifically said to use Botox, not Dysport, which they tried to push on me. My concern is the liquid inside the syringe was a YELLOW COLOR. Should I be concerned? I thought Botox should be clear or white. Was it bad Botox or did they give me something else? Please advise. Worried.

Yellow botox

This should not be the color of Botox. Botox is usually clear in color once its mixed. I would go to the office and have them tell you why the Botox was yellow in color. That is not good and you need to find out what they injected into your face 

Yellow Botox?

Should never be the case!  Call the office or go by and ask for an explanation.  Could you have seen something else?  Did you have nmore than one thing done while there?  Follow-up for an explanation. 

Jeffrey Marvel, MD
Nashville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Maybe it was not Botox

This is very unusual. Botox is reconstituted with a clear solution and there should no color to it. Maybe it was in a yellow syringe but it is difficult to say at this time.
If you have concerns, I would see that doctor and ask questions.
I hope that helps

Mariusz Sapijaszko, MD, FRCPC
Edmonton Dermatologic Surgeon

The Dangers of Botox Groupons

The only way that a place can make money from offering Groupons for Botox or any other cosmetic treatment is by cutting corners and cheating the customer. It looks like this is what happened to you. Botox, or any other neuromodulator (Dysport, Xeomin) are always clear. They will never be yellow. You probably did not get real Botox. Please use caution as serious complications can occur this way.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Botox and Groupon

The very wording of this question  provides the answer:  you probably did not receive Botox and a syringe of Botox should not be yellow.  Is Botox something you should be purchasing on Groupon?  Asking a medical professional to inject you with Botox is entirely different from buying a set of tires.  Although Botox is a product, its application and efficacy depend on the Doctor injecting it.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox Groupon

First, Groupon deals for Botox are illegal in many states. The "product" is not going to give you a good treatment - your injector will. And a good injector would never do a deal like this. Under no circumstances is Botox, or any other neuromodulator, yellow in color. I have no idea what you were injected with. You can ask for your records, assuming the place even does them.....

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

BAD BOTOX?

A few issues. Sounds unusual to see "yellow" BOTOX suspension. In over 20 years of using BOTOX I have NEVER seen this color. Second, did you really expect great care from a illegal GROUPON use in medical field? Lesson learned.. 

Botox should not be yellow in color

You probably didn't get Botox.  Groupon deals are basically - "you get what you pay for".  Advising you on what to expect or how to treat complications is impossible because it is unknown what was injected.  Every Botox injector is not the same, so searching for the least expensive Botox is the exact wrong thing to do.  Your searching should be for the most experienced and reputable injector.  All the other toxins are clear as well.  They are all white powder when they arrive at the doctor's office and the doctor adds in sterile water or saline.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Botox is not yellow

Hello again, I have updated my answer with a web reference to better answer your question. 

Hi chanteuse. None of the different injectables are yellow-Botox, Dysport and Xeomin are clear liquids. Consider going back and discussing your concerns. your records and consent will indicate what was injected. please remember you are paying for the expertise of the injector, and not just the product. Best wishes,