How many days does the swelling last after Silk injections in the lip?

I had Restylne silk injected into my lips this past Friday. Saturday my lower lip on the left bruised and I have much more swelling on that side. Not only that but he also injected the sides of my chin with the silk and I have two hard nodules but it's more severe on my right side. Feels like a big rock on the side of my mouth. It makes it difficult to eat and even talk! Today is now Sunday and just wondering is this normal? And how long will this last and anything I can do for the pain? Thanks!

Swelling after Lip Injections

You can have swelling for up to 2 weeks after injection. If after 2 weeks you still have swelling and irregularities, I recommend that you follow up with your injector for an evaluation. Restylane can be dissolved with hyaluronidase if you are not happy with your results. 

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Restylane Silk Swelling

Restylane silk can leave bruising and swelling for up to 2 weeks after being injected.  If after 2 weeks you are still not happy and still see irregularities, I recommend that you then follow up with the doctor that injected you.  The best way to give accurate advice would be to have an in person consultation/follow up.  Please see a board certified doctor that specializes in fillers.  Best, Dr. Green

Restylane Silk/Lip Augmentation/Lip Fillers/ Liquid Face Lift/Hyaluronic Acids

I appreciate your question. 
Restylane Silk can leave irregularities in the lips as swelling continues to resolve over the next days. Swelling can last up to 2 weeks in some patients injected with Restylane Silk.  If the irregularities are still present after two weeks, I recommend that you follow up with your Injecting MD so he/she can evaluate.
The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. 
Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon  #RealSelf100Surgeon 

Restylane Silk Lip Injection

It is typical to experience lip swelling for 1-2 days following the injection. Bruising may take longer to disappear. I would suggest keeping hydrated and giving the result 7-10 days before making a final judgement. 

Swelling after Restylane Silk

Hello, and thanks for your question. Restylane Silk is a great product for lips, but it does cause more swelling than most other fillers. Post-filler swelling can take 1-2 weeks to fully subside, so it may be early to assess your final result. If you are not pleased with your final result, the product can be dissolved with injection of an enzyme called hyaluronidase. To maximize the likelihood of a favorable outcome, I recommend that you only get treated by an expert. Hope this opinion is helpful to you. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Restylane Silk Swelling

I hope your swelling has now gone down. Swelling and nodules as described are normal for up to 10 days following the procedure. If they are not yet resolved, it is important to speak to the professional that injected you to see what needs to be done. A dissolution of some of the filler may be required.

Good luck!

Jennifer Levine, MD

Lip Swelling/Bumps After Fillers Such as Juvederm or Restylane -- Reverse With Hyaluronidase

Bumps
and swelling after Restylane Silk is normal for up to 10-14 days, most of the swelling at 72 hours.
If, after that time, the swelling persists, you can see your injector
to be evaluated and possibly have some of the filler dissolved with
hyaluronidase. Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Silk swelling

In my experience Restylane Silk does cause more swelling in some patients. Having said that, the swelling typically is maximal for the first 3 days and then gone after about 10 days. Nodules that are firm and not associated with early bruising should be seen by your treating physician.

Pamela Stuart, MD
San Jose Physician

The swelling after RS is common and will take a few days to settle (2-10).  What you are experiencing sounds very normal, however, just to be on the safe side, call your doctor and have him or  her check you and make sure that in fact everything is fine.  

Victoria Karlinsky, MD
Manhattan General Surgeon

Swelling after lip filler

Silk is known to give more swelling than the others, particularly if there is vigorous massaging done during injection. A bruise is common but firmness is not. I would discuss with your provider. Typically swelling from Silk is significant for 2-3 days but it takes about 10 days for things to settle to where they will eventually be for the next several months.

Steven F. Weiner, MD