Swelling after restalyne silk or from being head butted?

got restalyne silk injection in my lips yesterday at 145 pm. At first there was swelling and then it went down a nd looked settle like i wanted. My daughter head butted my upper lip and within hours my lips were really swollen. I spent time icing and it went down some but im not sure if the swelling is from being head butted or from the injections, and if from head butted will it go back down.

Lip Swelling

Hard to say if the swelling is from the injection and or the head butt. Some swelling is expected with lip injections. The swelling will eventually subside, I would continue to ice and keep head elevated. If you have further complications a visit to your physician might be best. 

Princeton Facial Plastic Surgeon

Restylane Silk/ Hyaluronic acids/ Facial Rejuvenation/Liquid Face Lift

I appreciate your question.

Not possible to say if you are swollen from the Restylane Silk injections or from the trauma.   If the swelling continues after a few more days, I would recommend that you follow up with your Injecting MD.  In the meantime, continue to ice and sleep with your head elevated.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

Swelling caused by Restylane Silk or Trauma???

It would be difficult to say at this point, because both of these scenarios cause swelling.  If the swelling continues for a few more days, see your Doctor.  At that point it probably will not be the Restylane Silk.  I wish you the best.

Lip swelling after Restylane Silk

Lip swelling after Silk is injected into the lips is common.  Lips also swell after trauma.  I would this a few more days and then visit with your physician if you are concerned with the results.

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Swelling from Injections in lips

It is impossible to say if you are swollen from the injections or from the trauma.  At this point continue to ice and sleep with your head elevated and the swelling will resolve.  Best, Dr. Green

Swelling after filler

Hello, and thanks for your question. Filler-related swelling can last for up to 2 weeks, so it's hard to say, but both may be contributing to what you see now. Ice and head elevation while sleeping can be helpful.

Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip Swelling After Fillers Such as Juvederm or Restylane -- Reverse With Hyaluronidase

Silk causes swelling that can last up to 2 weeks. I suggest you see an expert if you are concerned.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Swelling of lips after injection and trauma

Hard to say what the swelling is from. Silk can have swelling which lasts for 2-3 days. Treat with ice for the trauma and sleep on 3 pillows to help with the swelling. Some, rarely, I give steroids for the swelling.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Filler in lips

Lip fillers tend to cause a lot of swelling. Best to give it a week or so to settle down. Best of luck.

Swelling post Restylane SILK.

I would say your swelling is caused by both the injections of SILK  and the blunt trauma.  The swelling will subside typically in a few days.  Consider taking anti-inflammatories (Aleve, Motrin, Advil) and Arnica to help subside the inflammation and if there is any excessive discomfort. 

Hope this helps.

Grant Stevens, MD