Can lip fillers and Botox for wrinkles be injected at the same time? (Photo)

Im going for a consultation to have botox injected in my laugh lines and forehead wrinkles... but I also want to get lip fillers done during the same visit. Is this possible without causing harm to my body and infection? Never done any of this before so I want to ensure everything goes smoothly.

Botox and Fillers

Absolutely! Botox and fillers can definitely be injected during the same appointment. There won’t be any negative side effects due to having these injections done simultaneously. My patients often request for multiple products to be used during the same appointment, so I do this regularly. It’s normal to feel nervous before having a cosmetic procedure for the first time, but it is very important to have confidence in your injecting physician. Make sure that they take time to answer all of your questions about the procedure in advance, and that they have a lot of experience with the products that they are injecting. This will help ease your mind and ensure that you get the best possible result! Best of luck!

Fillers & BOTOX Are a Good Team

It can be a little nerve-wracking the first time you decide to get cosmetic treatments, but please let me reassure you. Non-surgical cosmetic injections are popular because of how simple, convenient, and safe the process is. BOTOX and dermal fillers are both extremely safe, and it's a great idea to have them both injected during the same appointment. As others have said, it is very common to pair fillers with BOTOX to produce comprehensive results. The most important step you can take is finding an experienced, qualified injector at either a board-certified dermatologist's or board-certified plastic surgeon's practice. Best of luck to you.

Susan M. Stuart, MD
San Diego Dermatologist

Botox & Fillers Can Be Injected During The Same Visit

I have a great deal of personal experience with the use of both wrinkle relaxers, such as Botox (which I have been injecting for aesthetic purposes since 1991), and with fillers (which I have been injecting since 1982, using the original Zyderm I collagen filler). There is absolutely no contraindication or medical reason against injecting Botox (or Dysport or Xeomin, for that matter) during the same treatment session, even when both are injected within the same treatment region. So, clearly there is little likelihood of any problem when the two are injected at separate and distinct treatment sites, as in your case.

However, were your doctor to inject Botox and fillers within the same site, it is best to inject the filler  first and then the Botox. When performed in the opposite order, there is some chance of accidentally dispersing the Botox outside of the desired treatment region as the filler is injected and then massaged into place.

On the other hand, if you and your physician should decide to separate the treatment sessions, it is best to perform the Botox first and at the subsequent vist the filler, since the reduction in movement that is achieved by the prior Botox injection will permit more accurate placement of the filler and a diminished likelihood of premature mechanical breakdown of the filler due to mimetic facial movements. (As an aside, when filler and Botox are combined at one treatment site, the results typically last significantly longer than when either of the aforementioned are used alone). 

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Filler & Botox

Thank you fro your question. 

Injectable fillers and Botox may both be injected at the same visit. 

Be sure that your consultation is with a skilled and qualified injector, to ensure you're a good candidate for this procedure and that you receive the best treat possible.

Take care. 

Timing of lip fillers and Botox

Lip fillers and Botox can be injected at the same visit. If Botox is going to be injected into the lips as well as fillers, can both be injected during the same visit as well. Best of luck with your injections.

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Lip fillers and Botox

Dear missgaga,

Thank you for your clinical post. It is quite common to combine the use of soft tissue fillers in various anatomic areas of the face and even the same area together with Botox. Botox will affect the muscles of animation and soften certain contractions that may lead to unattractive lines and wrinkles while soft tissue fillers provide volume. The two can be combined quite safely as long as you follow the post injection instructions.
I’m sure you’ll get an excellent result, but bring this question up with your injection physician.

I hope this information has been of some assistance and best of luck.

For more information, please review the link below.

R. Stephen Mulholland, M.D.
Certified Plastic Surgeon
Yorkville, Toronto

R. Stephen Mulholland, MD

Botox and fillers together

Botox and fillers work well together as they deal with different issues. Most patients can benefit from both and both can be done at the same visit.
The key thing is to see a doctor that has lots of experience doing these treatments.
I hope that helps and best regards, Dr. Sapijaszko.

Mariusz Sapijaszko, MD, FRCPC
Edmonton Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox

Yes, you can get Botox and filler injected in the same day. To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Botox/fillers

Hi & thank you for your question.
Yes you can absolutely have Botox and fillers at the same time. Best of lluck and enjou your results!

Botox and Fillers do not compete

There is no clinical situation in which you can not treat patients with botox and fillers, even in the same anatomic location. This is commonly done in the glabella or frown area if there is a deep crease. It is also done around the lip edge and in the crow's foot area, where botox is used for lines and filler is used for orbital hollows.

Richard W. Westreich, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon