Will botox help me to stop raising my forehead? It is driving me crazy! (Photo)

I ptosis and will have surgery for it around March but I'm mostly bothered by my eyebrows constablem constantly being raised ava it is giving me headaches. I can't afford a an eyebrow lift or would do so yesterday so what other options are there for me that will not make the ptosis worse?

Yes

Yes, Botox could definitely help. I would suggest that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area (link below) to discuss the best plan of action for you. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Constantly Raising My Forehead. Will Botox Help?

Botox can help with this, but you have some excess skin of your upper eyelids.  This causes you to compensate by raising your brows/forehead to clear to improve your peripheral vision.  Oftentimes once surgery is performed you will learn to quit over pulling upward with your forehead/brow tissues.  If it still bothers you then Botox can be done.  Botox could be done now, but if done too aggressively you can get worsened sagging of your upper eyelid/brow tissues.  Best regards.

John R. Burroughs, MD
Colorado Springs Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox and forehead

Botox injections can definitley help with this problem. Be sure you see a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon to do this

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Will Botox Help?

Botox is a substance produced by a bacterium called Clostridium Botulinum. The drug works by weakening the muscles that cause wrinkles. After injection, the muscle gradually relaxes, and the lines diminish substantially or completely disappear. Botox may help you to achieve your goal of relaxing your forehead. 

I'd recommend booking a consultation with a qualified injector, to determine if you're a good candidate for this procedure. 

Take care. 

Botox and ptosis

It appears that you have eyelid and possibly eyebrow ptosis.  It is possible that injection of Botox into the muscles that hold the eyelids down may help raise your brows a bit.  Injection of Botox into your forehead runs the risk of making your eyelids and eyebrows feel even heavier.  I strongly suggest seeing someone who is highly experienced

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox

Thank you for your question in regards to Botox.
Yes, Botox can help.To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Botox Will Help

A board-certified plastic surgeon is your best option, as she/he will help you understand what a neurotoxin like Botox could do for you.  If injected correctly, it can raise your brow so that your eyebrows have a little lift. 

Good luck with your surgery in March!

Farhan Taghizadeh, MD
Phoenix Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox and Forehead

Botox would help lines on your forehead and help you stop "raising" but it may lower your eyelids and worsen your ptosis. I suggest you see someone for a formal consultation.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Forehead Botox

This is an excellent question. When we carefully examine your photos, your right brow and eyelid are heavier than your left.  You have excess weight and hang from your brow and eyelids.  Your body is trying to allow you to have full visual fields throughout the day, so it naturally raises the forehead so that the excess weight and skin will not interfere with your vision.  Placing botox here may help some, but you run a high risk for making your brow appear heavier and less mobile, thus giving you more brow and eyelid skin excess.  I think you should consult with a surgeon that is well-trained in brow and eyelid surgery, and then decide if botox is right for you.  it really helps to see you in person to analyze this.
Best of luck.

Jesse E. Smith, MD, FACS
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can botox stop me from raising my forehead?

Yes.  Botox is the easiest way we accomplish this short of surgery.  Botox will temporarily relax the muscles of the forehead and allow for a more youthful look of your face.  I think that based on your photos you would be an excellent candidate for botox.  Please speak with a local board certified plastic surgeon to make sure there are no other issues that might preclude you from having the procedure done.  Good luck.

Shaun Parson, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon