Hair Transplant - Uneven Growth?

I had facial and neck hair transplant just over 3 weeks ago. As for my facial stubble - I am already so pleased with the results and I'm positive it will get better and better with time. The neck however - there is pretty much no result or hair at all.... Is it normal for two areas to grow at different paces ?

3 weeks after facial hair transplants

It is too early to expect to see any growth or results. Wait it out for another 5-7 months and then you can judge what is happening

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Transplanted hairs start to grow at different times, but not at different rates.

Transplanted hairs start to grow at different times, but not at different rates.  Scalp hair usually grow at a rate of 1cm a month.  Transplanted hair do not all grow out at the same time.  Finally, transplanted hairs usually do not grow 3 weeks after surgery.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Different Growth Rates

The different areas in a hair transplant as well as the follicles themselves may all have different growth rates.  Regardless, the only possible way to determine the final results is to try an be patient and wait several months (sometimes upwards of a year or longer) for the ultimate growth.

John E. Frank, MD
New York Hair Restoration Surgeon