Have scar tissue in lip caused by an accident when I was younger, can I still get lip fillers? (photos)

Hi everyone, I have a question. When I was younger I fell and my tooth cut my lip in half. The doctors said it would heal with some sort of glue. It didnt heal nice and now I have a scar in my lip. You can feel 2 hard scar pieces on the rear side of my lip and when I smile you can see it a little bit. Will I be able to get lip fillers? I have an appointment next saturday but I am afraid I will get dissapointed. Maybe the juvederm can get stuck in the scars? I have no idea! Thanks for helping

#filler

fillers can be successfully injected to smooth out lip scars. sometimes if the scar is quite deep then I might perform some scar revision before the lip injection. but that depends upon the patient and their scar. u can look at some of the pics on my website. 

Lip Augmentation with Fillers Like Restylane, Juvederm, Belotero, Lip Implant or Fat Are Options

Yes you can get filler in the lips even with scar tissue, but injection technique needs to be more meticulous.  I suggest you see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Filling a lip which has been scarred

Thank you for sharing your question. You should have an excellent result with the injection of fillers into the lips if performed by an experienced doctor. It might be possible to improve the appearance of the scar as well.  Good luck,

Lip Fillers Around Scars

Thank you for your question. You can certainly get lip fillers, in fact with the appropriate filler you may be able to mask the scar! I think Volbella may be perfect for just around the scar area to provide a soft correction. This won't give you much more volume but looking at your lips you don't need much volume. Good Luck!

Anthony J. Wilson, MD
Portsmouth Physician

Lip filler in previously traumatized lip

This certainly can be injected with any HA filler. A skilled injector can inject around this area and hopefully create a naturally appearing lip. If not done correctly, the scarring can become even more apparent, so make sure the injector is experienced at this.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Scarring and juvederm

You should be able to do Juvederm even if you have scarring. If done by a certified doctor with experience, you should have nice results and your scar should be less visible.  Good luck.

Joseph Doumit, MD
Montreal Dermatologist