Low LH, FSH and their connection to androgenic alopecia

Hello, I am a 33 year old guy and from 2009 I started losing too much hair .In the last two years I started noticing thinning of my hair in the top part. It seems a large number of hair is in telogen phase. I was freaked out with the thinning and in the last 5 months I started using minoxidil. The density restored in some degree. But also I did some blood exams and I found my LH, FSH very low. So my question: is there any connection with these hormones to my hairloss ?

This is a question that should be answered by an endocrinologist to rule out pituitary gland disease.

New Orleans Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair loss -- PRP, Progesterone, Viviscal, Rogaine, Finesteride, Spironolactone, follicular unit (FUE) hair transplantation/ARTAS

These results should not affect hair loss. Treatment should be combination, including PRP, progesterone, finesteride or other supplement, hair transplant. Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer 

Low LH, FSH and androgenic alopecia

No, there is not any connection with these hormones to hair loss . Ypur prblem is probably AGA  started 7 years ago ..Best option is to have a hair restoration surgery ..

Ilhan Serdaroglu, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

LH and FSH in male

I would expect these hormones to be low in men. Minoxidil should not have changed your miniaturization. The best test for you to determine to what degree you are losing hair is the HAIRCHECK  test which will give you an accurate measurement of your hair loss by region of the scalp. From that your doctor can deduce your balding pattern

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon