I had collagen injection on my hands in 2006 to remove wrinkles & my hands is swollen. Is there any treatments available?(photo)

I had a collagen injection on my hands back in 2006 due to wrinkles in some clinic setting back in my country Philippines. Since then my hands appear swollen from that injection. Is there a procedure that can melt or remove the collagen from my hands?

I had collagen injection on my hands in 2006 to remove wrinkles & my hands is swollen. Is there any treatments available?

Most likely collagen will dissolve within a year.  If you were injected in 2006, it should be gone by now.  I would contact the clinic to see exactly what was injected.  It may have been some type of permanent filler.

Swelling after Hand Filler

I agree with Dr. Emer that persistent swelling/overfilling 8 years after "collagen" injection is a red flag for something other than collagen having been used. I recommend seeing a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon with expertise in hand fillers and their complications.

Daniel P. Friedmann, MD
Austin Dermatologic Surgeon

Collagen and Hand Injection

The swelling should not have persisted if this was collagen that was injected. You may have had a different more permanent filler.  I suggest a formal evaluation with an expert injector, not a nurse or ancillary staff.  Best, Dr. Emer.