My lips are always chapped, but I want to get Juvederm, will this make my chapped lips worse?

I tend to mouth breath due to having a very narrow nasal passage, which leads to my lips always being chapped and shedding skin. I want to enhance my lips with Juvederm, but am hesitant to do as I'm worried it will exacerbate my already dry lips. Can someone please clarify this for me?

Juvederm for chapped lips

Yes it can be done . Maintaining the extracellular space and providing an open, as well as hydrated, structure for the passage of nutrients are the main functions of HA in epidermis. Besides the result of fuller lips , it might help you with the dryness as well.

Montreal Dermatologist

Chapped Lips With Juvederm

If your lips are already sore ,cracked and dry, I advise having Juvederm  is not a good option.While hyaluronic acid is a substance that is naturally produced in the body, it is most certainly possible to have an allergic reaction to a hyaluronic acid filler. This completely depends on your lips and the amount of filler.  I would recommend having your lip injections after a complimentary consultation.

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Chapped lips after lip injections

You are causing some irritation to the lips when your lip are injectioned with fillers.  I have had patients describe that their lips do get chapped in some cases.  You may find, that your lips may get more chapped afterwards. I would definitely go to an expert injector prior to proceeding and ask the questions and have a physical assessment.  But I would go in knowing that if you proceed, that you can exacerbate your situation.

Will #juvederm to my lips cause them to dry out?

Thank you for sharing your question about having juvederm HA filler to your lips and if it will cause dryness. This completely depends on your lips and the amout of filler.  I would recommend having your lip injections performed by an expert injector who has experience in lip augmentation and they may make recommendations of topical solutions you may use to help with dryness. I hope this is helpful and wish you the best.
Brian S. Coan, MD, FACS

Brian Coan, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon