Will EEG mess up my results after Botox?

I got botox injection last tuesday "6 days ago" and I had to get a EEG hooked up today and will wear it 72 hours to monitor my seizures. Can the leads that are glued to my forehead mess up my botox. Im nervous about it.

Botox Cosmetic

Botox should not have affect on the EEG Measurements. The leads should have no affect on the Botox. Best wishes!

Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox and after care

Botox is fabulous for helping with the wrinkles around the eyes, forehead and glabella.  I tell all my patients to avoid exercise or massage for 24 hours after Botox injections.  Six days later there should be no interaction with having the EEG on your Botox injections.

Precautions after treatment with Botox

Botox will have been taken up by the muscle fully within about 3 hours after treatment.  After this point you are not in danger of alterting the results, with an EEG or otherwise.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

EEG disruption of Botox Results

Hi BREN21:

Botox will have blocked the release of acetylcholine in the nerve ending / muscle junction within an hour of the injection. 

EEG is a procedure which measures electrical activity in the brain. Even though I cannot conceive that it would interfere with Botox function if done on the same day; I certainly do not anticipate any disruption of Botox function at 6 days. 

The glued leads will have no effect on Botox function. 

I hope this has helped. I wish you the best regarding your seizures and your Botox results. 

Dean P. Kane, MD, FACS

Botox and EEG

It is typical to avoid compression and excessive activity for 24 hours following botox injection.  At 6 days, you have nothing to worry about.  The results from the botox will not be affected. 

Sean R. Weiss, MD, FACS
New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon

If you had Botox 6 days ago you should not receive any adverse effects from leads attached to your forehead.

If you had Botox 6 days ago you should not receive any adverse effects from leads attached to your forehead. I advise my patients to avoid facials & massage for 24 hours after Botox. After the 24 hours they are free to do normal daily activities. 

All the Best

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Will EEG mess up my Botox

We recommend not apply pressure for about 24 hours after getting Botox. At 6 days out, you are fine and the EEG will not affect your Botox.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."