Clear & Brilliant Treatment; Will I likely have the same histamine reaction?

I had one fraxel treatment a couple of years ago and had a very bad histamine reaction. My face broke out in a wave of hives. I was prescribed antibiotics and a moisturizing cream. Now I am scheduled for a clear & brilliant treatment. Will I likely have the same histamine reaction?

Pre med with Zyrtec, patch test for irritancy or allergies

Yes, possible. I would premed with an antihistamine but see a general dermatologist before hand to exclude other causes like numbing cream allergy or irritancy, also what post care cream was used after the Fraxel laser? All these factors need to be considered. All the best, Dr Davin Lim. Brisbane. Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Histamine reaction and Clear and Brilliant

It is possible that the reaction was from the numbing medicine or the laser itself.  You should identify the cause of the reaction and you can take Zyrtec several days before the procedure to avoid this histamine reaction.  Best, Dr. Green