What can I do about my tree trunk legs which also lack skin elasticity? (photos)

I'm 5'6" and have never weighed less than 145. I'm 35. My weight has always been concentrated in my legs my entire life. However, the past 3 years, my skin's elasticity in my legs looks like that of someone 20 years older. My legs make me look so much fatter and out shape than what I really am. It doesn't help that they're not even shapely. They go straight up and down like tree trunks. I'm so self-conscious. What can I do? I do exercise and no amount of squats have every defined my legs.

Liposuction helps shape legs nicely.

Get rid of those tree trunk legs with liposuction. You will be so glad you did. They may still be dimply but the shape improvement will be so worth it.

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposculpture or SculpSure for Thighs and Tree Trunk Legs

VASER hi def lipo plus ThermiRF will help shape and define your legs as well as tighten the skin. Cellfina can be used on the backs of the thighs if you have cellulite. See an expert for a formal consultation. Best, Dr. Emer. 

best would be an in-person evaluation. but if you would like you can view some of the YouTube videos I have on my website that will help you answer some of your questions. if you wish to change the shape of your legs then a circumferential contouring is what you will need

Misbah Khan MD, FAAD, FACMS

Improve appearance of legs

Thank you for asking about your legs.
  • I think you need an examination to know what is best -
  • If your skin elasticity is poor, liposuction is not a good idea.
  • But if it is good enough for a small liposuction, you might be able to get some shaping with small cannula liposuction right around the legs to sculpt them without trying to make them much smaller.
  • If your skin really is loose, a medial thigh lift might give you some tightening, but it won't reshape your legs.
  • You might also consider changing your exercise -
  • Squats strengthen your back, but not your legs.
  • Dance - especially dance that involves leg extension like Latin Dancing and Ballet really do reshape the legs over time better than heavy gym exercise.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Thigh lift

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may be a candidate for a short scar thigh lift.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

What can I do about my tree trunk legs which also lack skin elasticity

The best solution for your legs is continue to exercise.  Liposuction in the thigh and knee area may help some, but it is not a cure all for legs.   

Robert E. Zaworski, MD