What are the possible side effects of using Latisse on thinning eyebrows?

I'm curious about using Latisse on thinning eyebrows, but wondered if there is a risk of permanent eye darkening or darkening of the skin, as there is when Latisse is used on eye lashes.

Latisse use for Eyebrows

Thank you for your question regarding the use of Latisse for thinning eyebrows. Latisse is used for hair growth and darkening of the eyelashes. It is FDA approved for upper eye lids usage. Latisse on eyebrows is an ‘off label use’ of the drug. Latisse for eyebrows has not been looked at by the FDA there isn’t any data on whether it works and whether it is safe. Possible side effects include discoloration and itching or a rash. Please discuss this with your doctor. 

Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Local effects only

I don't think you need to worry about any risk to the eye if you are using on the eyebrows. The only known issues with use is the potential for skin darkening and irritation from the product where you are placing it. If either issue develops and you do not like it, reducing the amount you use, decreasing the frequency, or discontinuation of the product altogether should resolve the issue---so no real concerns with permanent problems. Best!

Miguel A. Gutierrez, MD
Torrance Dermatologist

Latisse

Latisse can darken the skin if used in this area;  Also sometimes the type of hair growth that you have might look unnatural.  So be careful to monitor the amount you put on and perhaps once you get the hair how you like  , don't use it every day .

Latisse side effects in brows

The known side effects with Latisse are a rash and skin darkening, both of which would resolve if you stopped the product.

Daniel Lensink, MD
Redding Oculoplastic Surgeon

What About This--PRP and Progesterone to Regrow Eyebrows

There could be a risk of skin darkening. PRP and progesterone could be used to regrow the eyebrows without that risk. I recommend a formal evaluation for best options. Best, Dr. Emer