Is it safe to use Latisse indefinitely?

ie the rest of my life, and if I do will my results continue regardless of timeframe?

Prolonged Use of Latisse

Hi there and thank you for your inquiry.

There are no studies that suggest Latisse is harmful to eyelashes after prolonged use. Latisse is a great product that can help grow your lashes longer, thicker and darker over the course of several weeks. For maximum effectiveness, Latisse application should be followed by the manufacturer's application guidelines, which is to apply at night to cleansed skin free of makeup or any other skincare products. Once the desired effect has been achieved, Latisse every other night seems to prove satisfactory results in maintaining the lash lengthening effects. 

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Latisse forever

Once the desired effect is reached, using Latisse on a nightly basis won’t be necessary. You may use it 3 nights a week for maintenance and darkness of the lashes. As to using Latisse indefinitely, as long as you have not experienced any of the Latisse side effects and you are using it as prescribed, then you should be able to continue using Latisse just as needed. Best wishes. 

Edward E. Dickerson, IV, MD
Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Long term use of Latisse

Latisse is generally safe for long term use, but my patients (and myself) have found we do not have to use it nightly to maintain the length and darkness of the lashes once the desired effect is reached.   Most patients use it about 3 nights a week for maintenance, and appreciate the long-lasting results and cost savings by not having to purchase it as often.

Thanks for your question!

Amy Y. Paul, DO, FAAD
Grand Junction Dermatologic Surgeon

Latisse and Long Term

This is no reason why you cannot use latisse long term.  I have patients use it 2-3 times a week once they have gotten the results they are looking for.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Indefinite Latisse use?

The short answer to this is yes. You can continue use of Latisse and maintain the benefits. In some cases, Latisse has been associated with dry eye and specifically meibomisn gland dysfunction so if your eyes feel scratchy, sandy or gritty you may need to see your eye care professional.

Melissa Toyos, MD
Nashville Ophthalmologist