Will Latisse help correct lash loss due to hyperthyroid?

I am 19 and I have been diagnosed with hyperthyroid. I have been losing lashes like crazy and I can't even wear mascara because it makes they fall out more. I have tried Latisse before and it didn't work because my lashes were falling out too fast. Now that I am working to regulate my thyroid, should I start using Latisse to help speed up the lash growth? They have become so thin I would really like to have my original thickness back.

Latisse and Eyelash Growth - OK for Hyperthyroid

Latisse should be fine after you have your hyperthyroidism under control. It should help you regrow your eyelashes more quickly. Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Increase lash growth

Thank you for your question.There is not a definitive answer to your question. Will the Latisse speed up growth? It may, but because you are regulating your thyroid the hair may just start coming back on its own as well. Bottom line, using Latisse is not going to hurt anything to try and speed things up. Good luck.

Francis Johns, MD
Greensburg Plastic Surgeon