What can I do to have my belly button go back to normal after Lipo? (photos)

I got lipo from my stomach through my belly button and my belly button changed. My stomach isn't as smooth. I have 3 more weeks until my final result, but I need advice what I can do to get the best result for my stomach/ belly button? I wear the abdomen compression binder I was provided 24/7. I don't see improvement. My doctor told me to try to stretch out my belly button open and then put the garment on as tight as i can but my belly button shuts once the abdomen garment is on. What can I do?

Liposuction - getting the result I want

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• I understand your concern and I am sorry you find yourself in this situation.
  • There is little that you can do at this point except let your body heal.
  • Things are not smooth right after liposuction but only time will tell how you will heal.
  • You will see a more or less final result 6 weeks after surgery but it takes 6 full months to finish healing.
  • The purpose of the compression garment is comfort - how tightly you wear it has not effect on your result.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

What can I do to have my belly button go back to normal after Lipo?

You can sometimes get scar tissue and require a touch up of your belly button. Fractional CO2 laser may also help. I would wait at least three months. From you abdominal skin laxity, you may need a tummy tuck to reduce the amount of skin. An alternative may be the ThermiTight, "minimally invasive" skin tightening.

Mahmood Kara, MD

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting -- REVISION HI DEF LIPOSUCTION

After you heal, see if a revision can be performed with a Vaser 4d contouring expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Thank you for your question and photos. The preop photo looks really good, no stretch marks are seen. The postop photo shows an aged abdomen. You are still early in your recovery and it will take several months to achieve your final result. I do not use binders in my practice, they are rough, never stay in place and are uncomfortable to wear. When you make it very tight, it bunches your skin towards the center, no matter how much you smooth it laterally. I recommend a compression garment with foam compression underneath, but unfortunately you already have "stuck down" areas where the surgeon over suctioned the fat. I would get massage treatment at this point. Most likely, you will end up with a skin excision abdominoplasty in the future. Good luck with your healing.

Undesirable results after liposuction

Undesirable results from liposuction can be very difficult and at times not possible to fix. This is especially true month and people who were over treated. At this point it's much too early to judge your final results and you need to simply wait until the results are final. This will take at least three months. Your compression garment no matter how you wear it will have no impact at this point on your final results. Continue following up with your doctor, hopefully a board-certified plastic surgeon. Best, Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

You have a few options

Hi and thank you so much for your inquiry. I see your area of concern. If you are just concerned about the way your belly button looks, you can try taping a marble in it before putting your garment on. This might help open it up a little but as the tissue around it heals. But the problem is that you have redundant skin throughout your abdomen, which is affecting the appearance of your belly button. The only way to truly improve this is with an abdominoplasty. It would leave a scar across your lower abdomen, but it will greatly improve the contour of your belly. It looks from your photo like you might just need a skin-only abdominoplasty, which is much easier to recover from than a full tummy tuck. I would talk to a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area and get some more information about that. Please keep us posted!Dr, Weintraub