Is it OK if use silicone shield 24/7? Can I just take it off to shower? On a tummy tuck scar?

Silicone sheets

This is fine but you have to be careful you don't develop a contact dermatitis in which your skin will get red and itchy.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

I think you need to ask your surgeon, Dr Pena, if OK to do this. I would allow if you were my private patient. 

Silicone gel and scarring

Yes.  Not only can you wear silicone gel sheeting 24/7 other than while showering but you should.  It is most effective when worn almost continually over a scar for a few months.

Tracey H. Stokes, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Silicone sheeting for scars

Silicone sheeting for scar management has been used for a number of years with great results.   Though the exact mechanism of action remains somewhat elusive, there appears to be a benefit of slight constant pressure and changes in the electronegativity of the scar.

Regardless, it can be worn safely 24/7.   Remove it to shower or bathe.  Replace when the skin is dry.

Good luck on your continued recovery.

Joseph Franklin, MD
Durham Plastic Surgeon

Wear silicone shield as tolerated

Hello, usually there is no harm wearing the silicone strips continually (except for showering/hygiene), as long as there is no underlying skin irritation or maceration.