VASER Lipo Revision, Should I Do It?

I had VASER lipo 4 months ago. I'm not happy with my results. My PS said she can do a revision, but I'm skeptical, she had a good canvas to begin with, and I fear that if she could not make it better the first time around... What are the risks of a revision? Right now, I have lumps and the same contour I had before the lipo, no improvement there. Is there a chance that it could be detrimental? I want the result I paid for, but I'm afraid it could turn out worse. Should I go through a revision?

Your best chance of improvement is to wait for 12 months until the whole healing process is complete.  Healing takes 12 months.  At 6 months you are only 75 to 80 % there.  As time passes the lumps will go away and your contour will improve until you may not need further surgery.  Your surgeon may well have done a nice job so be patient and wait for the result.  The absolute worst thing you could do now is to do surgery on top of surgery.  You will really have a  long recovery  at  a 4 months redo. Surgery for correction is more precise and easier at 12 months.  If your surgeon wants to operate now at 4 months,  I disagree with that decision.  Get another opinion from  an ABPS surgeon who has vast experience in Vaser Liposuction.  Vaser is the absolute best way to apply technology to liposuction.  You are on the right track.  My Best , Dr C

Liposuction revision

If you have lost faith in your surgeon then seek a second opinion from someone else. I would probably wait a full 6 months from your original surgery to see if the swelling has completely gone away before undergoing a second procedure.

Hidef Liposuction Revision expert in Los Angeles

Liposuction alone seldom fixes a bad liposuction result. I would suggest our Hidef Liposuction Revision Protocol which includes lipocavitation, liposculpture, fat grafting, fibrous release, and Exilis skin tightening. Best, Dr. KaramanoukianLos Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

VASER Revision

Without photographs, it is difficult to give an accurate assessment.  Obviously, it is always best to get the result needed the first time, but revisions in liposuction are common if they are small little areas to readdress.  Typically, I wait at least 6 months to perform a revision to allow all the swelling and scar tissue to subside so that when you go back into the area it is not as hard as concrete.  I use the VASER, which is an ultrasound assisted liposuction to help break up the scar tissue and cavitate the fat.  In cases which are hard with fibrosis, I will use the VASERSmooth handpiece.  Revisions are difficult and require the skill and an expert liposuction doctor who performs hundreds of these.  Good luck.

Jeffrey LaGrasso, MD

VASER Lipo Revision, Should I Do It?

Pictures or an exam would help with a determination here.  If your surgeon does hundreds of liposuction procedures each year with great before and after pictures, then liposuction revision with the same surgeon is reasonable.  The results of liposuction are highly surgeon dependent.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction and liposuction revision procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles,