How Much Does Forehead Reduction Surgery Cost?

I have a large and high forehead and am very self conscious about it.My forehead also sticks out a little much as well. How much does it cost and what are the risks and how is it done?

Hairline lowering surgery cost

Hairline lowering surgery or forehead reduction cost can vary depending on geographic location, cost of living, experience of the surgeon, credentials of the surgeon, and complication rates.  

In Atlanta, hairline lowering surgery or forehead reduction surgery runs $6500-$8000 with anesthesia and facility fees.  

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Forehead reductions, like all surgeries, are not all created equally.
Technique plays a large roll in potential (temporary) hair loss, frontal hairline pattern and an invisible scar.
Technical expertise, personal as well as operative team experience directly influence the result.
The surgical time is roughly three hours.
Cost is roughly $8000-10,000 excluding aesthesia

Hope this helps 

Andrew Kornstein, MD, FACS

Varies

If you are looking for general cost of a surgery, it varies widely.  It can range in the $10,000 Sometimes more.  Sometimes less.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Forehead reduction costs

Reduction of  the forehead can be  done by lowering the hairline with a scalp advancement procedure.  If a great deal of reduction is required or if the scalp has little laxity, a two stage procedure with a tissue expander is used. Also bone reduction of a prominent forehead could be done in the same sitting adding cost.  An alternative process  would be to have hair transplantation to lower the hairline. Depending on your conditions and choice of procedures costs can be anywhere between $6000 and $20,000.

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD FACS
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Large forehead reduction and cost.

I do this 2 different ways using the Irregular Trichophytic Hairline incision which we developed 30 years ago. If the elasticity of the scalp is flexible I can just advance the scalp. Otherwise, I use Tissue Expansion. With either procedure the bone can be shaved along the eyebrows at the same time.