Is it normal to have swollen lymph nodes in the groin area after lipo?

I am 9 days post lipo on my abs, flanks, back, and arms. My groin area swelling has gone down however the lymph nodes are very hard, swollen and hurt. Is this something to be concerned about?

Swollen Lymph Nodes After Liposuction

It isn't normal to have swollen nodes but its possible. I would speak to your physician to see if there is any issues that they are concerned about.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Though a are post lipo complication the swelling in a groin lymph node has occurred. Best to start on PO antibiotics and have very close follow up with your surgeon. In the cases that I have treated I use advanced PRP+NPT injections to alleviate the swelling. 

Swollen nodes

This is probably normal.It may be fat areas that are undergoing change versus nodes.The nodes may be enlarged due to inflkammation.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Recovery after liposuction

Areas that feel firm, lumpy and tender is quite common after liposuction. I suggest you follow up with your plastic surgeon to have him or her address your concerns.

What you're feeling may not be lymph nodes but, rather, swelling and early scar tissue formation after liposuction. This typically resolves with time.

Mats Hagstrom, M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD